Grey Cup goes tomorrow

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So yeah, Grey Cup, tomorrow. CBC for Canadians, NASN for Europe, no clue on the US or Australia.

Winnipeg, led by Ryan Dinwiddie (who is in a similar situation to Tom Brady in 2001, only 100x bigger) and a potentially-retiring Milt Stegall, against Saskatchewan, led by CFL MOP Kerry Joseph.

It's the first time these two teams have ever met in the Grey Cup, and it's being called the 'Banjo Bowl' for no apparent reason.

I don't think I'm going against the advertising rules by stating that I have a slightly more detailed preview here that I don't feel like copying and pasting.

My pick is Winnipeg for a huge upset.

Anyone else gonna be watching? I know apsham won't.

3 down football is the primary thing that helps to speed up the game. It also makes for more punts which makes for more punt returns which makes for more juking jocks into the nosebleeds.

I think the CFL is a better league rules wise but the difference in talent can be hugely noticable, and it is more of a one dimensional game. I have trouble getting into the CFL because the I don't really like football that much and if I'm going to watch football I need to know the story... NFL has so many threads in every game... so much to take in, absorb, watch for... the CFL is kind of just there. Outside of some of the Lions/Riders stuff this season, the biggest story in the CFL was that Toronto is getting an NFL team and by the way the league is going to fold. So... what use was there investing interest?