Assassin's Creed Thread

A little something from Technology-ninja.com

I say this is bullshit.

The historical assassins had been a bunch of fanatical and ideological blinded killers who dreamt of establishing a strict theocracy (think of Iran). This sounds very familiar with what islamic terrorists are doing these days, doesn't it?

Just imagine a few changes:

- change of time: not the Middle Ages, but the present

- change of scenery: not Akkon or Jerusalem, but Bagdad or New York

- change of armament: not the dagger and poison, but AK-47 and explosive belts

- change of mission: not a hidden single killing, but casualties as many as possible

The rest remains the same.

What about escaping after the kill? Not historical. Assassins didn't run away - they accepted their death and now you know where the modern suicide assassin is descendent from.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this game would get some sort of repercussion. People cant see things for what they are. Have to make similarities

On to the game though one thing that annoys the shit outta me..on me way to Arsuf and i got to the point where you gotta beat like 10 guys in a sword fight and at the end you face Robert..i died so turned it off for a bit..came back on and i had to start at the fucking beginning again. Going through all the roads and shit

Pissed off cos it hard enough as it is

Ok on the final boss now and its fucking hard. Anyone got any tips? I can't seem to counter properly for some reason..do youhold down the right trigger before you press X or do you just press X?

A little something from Technology-ninja.com

I say this is bullshit.

The historical assassins had been a bunch of fanatical and ideological blinded killers who dreamt of establishing a strict theocracy (think of Iran). This sounds very familiar with what islamic terrorists are doing these days, doesn't it?

Just imagine a few changes:

- change of time: not the Middle Ages, but the present

- change of scenery: not Akkon or Jerusalem, but Bagdad or New York

- change of armament: not the dagger and poison, but AK-47 and explosive belts

- change of mission: not a hidden single killing, but casualties as many as possible

The rest remains the same.

What about escaping after the kill? Not historical. Assassins didn't run away - they accepted their death and now you know where the modern suicide assassin is descendent from.

So you've changed the time, the scene, the weapons and the mission...what's actually left as a similarity? Whoever's writing this is reaching WAY too far

Man I was REALLY hoping there would be some kind of option after beating the game, to use Desmond instead of Altair. I mean his model is complete, I don't see why they couldn't. I really wanted to just go do Parkour with a regular dude, just for the hell of it.

Would love a modern version. As I also, every cut scene out of the animus, would walk to the windows, just hoping that something had unlocked and would allow you to scale the building. But alas, that was not the case.

Man, just finished it. Game of the year (2007), no doubt. Overhyped game of the year, that is. Fuck, I was so looking forward to it after reading about it and the Teadrop adverts and everything. I liked the Crusades setting and generally running around with Altair, but shouldn't assassining be more about stealth and avoiding anyone see you kill the target instead of, oh I don't know, sitting around conducting a fucking interview?!?!? The combat system is good, but gets old, the difficulty is rubbish, it doesn't get harder, it gets cheaper, and the sci-fi story is a bit bollocks. They've got a good idea nestled in there somewhere, and with a bit of work, a sequel could be phenomenal. It's just very clear that this was rushed out to meet a publishing deadline or something, rather than given time to develop properly. Shame.

Oh, and anyone disputing the possibility of a Japanese-themed sequel,

there are a load of Japanese characters written on the wall in Desmond's room at the end (you have to use eagle vision). Also, there's an e-mail on Warren's computer from Lucy which mentions Subject Sixteen (Desmond is Subject Seventeen) having trouble distinguishing between his own memory and that of his ancestor in the Far East.

I don't think it's likely given the RAWR~! TEMPLAR!!11!!! theme they're going with, but still.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

• 3 weeks later...

So I spent ten minutes wandering around the damn facility at the end wondering what to do before random button bashing to discover you can get the eagle view of all that writing crap. And then it just ends. What a load of bollocks.

Edit: Just did all that stuff after the credits, which actually makes a sequel look awesome. Is it possible to get on the other two computers though? Keep getting incorrect password =/

Edited by Zaz

• 1 month later...
So I spent ten minutes wandering around the damn facility at the end wondering what to do before random button bashing to discover you can get the eagle view of all that writing crap. And then it just ends. What a load of bollocks.

Edit: Just did all that stuff after the credits, which actually makes a sequel look awesome. Is it possible to get on the other two computers though? Keep getting incorrect password =/

Thanks for using spoiler tags :shifty: