Official X-Factor Thread...

Guest tiarnantmann

Guest TheBlueyComplex

As someone who supported Leon from his first audition .. :D

I don't see why people say he can't sing, since he actually can. Comparing him to the lady from Same Difference and he's miles better. Rhydian should have won, in all fairness, but he's going to have a career regardless. Leon has got an amazing voice, and with the inevitable training he'll get, I think he'll go far. Seeing as Michael Bublé reportedly wants a duet with him on his next album.

Same Difference, take away all the gimmicks, are far from the best pop act in Britain. They won't be able really to perform on the music shows, since Simon Cowell would never pay thousands to get all the dancers/fireworks etc. On CD, they'll also sound diabolical since they're all about the performance.

Eurovision, maybe. Popstars, nope.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tiarnantman

But the difference is that groups don't need to have great singers, it's usually the charisma and personality that counts. On the other hand, on a talent show, solo singers should be great and Leon just...isn't. Ohhh, I can't wait until Rhyd outsells Leon with his debut album.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

I doubt it, Rhydian will go with SiCo. He has a three month post-series clause on any act in the show on who to sign. Rhydian won't want to let his hype die down by the time he has a chance to sign with anyone else.

Leon's style of music just doesn't appeal to me in the least. He was an alright singer apart from the notes that were too low for him so he just kind of fluffed them, but I can't see him making much money. Rhydian has a voice much better suited to ballads, I know he likes opera and all, but the closest he'll get to that commercially is a ballad of some sort. In the long run, I think he'll make more money. I hope so anyway :(

Edited by Pesci Queen

I despise this show but...needless to say I am greatly disappointed in all of you for supporting Ridiean(sp?)...what a fake, over-the-top, theatre musical performer if ever I have seen one. The guy did not have any likeable quality and most certainly didn't have the X factor...neither did Leon but, eh, was the better crap of the two.

Like I said I dont like the show at all, and this post is fueled mostly by having to watch it in work(was on the tvs in the bar) but as far as I'm concerned none of the finalists had a good enough all-around act, that they could possibly say they have the X-Factor.

Did Leon win?

I turned it off earlier.

Simon Cowell's wallet won. As always

And anyone who doesn't like general run of the mill pop lost. Again. Has anyone ever seen a serious rock or rap act ever even audition for the show?

I didn't much like the "battle of the countries" thing that was going on. From then on Same Difference really had no chance as people from England don't vote for people purely on the basis that they're English (I'd wager most don't anyway). Whereas the Welsh and Scots were always going to vote for their men on that alone.

Like Simon didn't know before Rhydian sang the song. Calling him leon, telling him that his mum was proud whatever happened, the lines closing two minutes after Rhydian sang whilst Leon had atleast 10 mins for people to vote for him based on the two songs. Wrong man won imo and Simon knows it, he is losing so much money

Did Leon win?

I turned it off earlier.

Simon Cowell's wallet won. As always

And anyone who doesn't like general run of the mill pop lost. Again. Has anyone ever seen a serious rock or rap act ever even audition for the show?

The closest to rock would have been Ben Mills (if that's his name)

Well fuck. That was the worst thing that could've happened. The guy does nothing but send me to sleep every time he opens his mouth. He's a bland singer, he's a boring speaker and did not deserve to win, especially not over Rhydian who, whatever you may think of him, is a far better talent and has an amazing voice. Unfortunately it seems the deck was stacked against him, with Leon duetting with Kylie Minogue and Rhydian with Katherine Jenkins, who's nowhere near as popular. Not to metion she totally drowned him out in their duet. And as already mentioned, the lines closed right after Rhydian has performed the single, whereas Leon fans got more time to vote. I can't believe people are comparing him to Michael Buble, who I'm not even a fan of, but clearly is a far better singer and entertainer than Leon can ever hope to be.

But he's not guaranteed Christmas Number One, so everyone needs to buy a download copy of The Pogues or Mariah Carey (or better yet, both), and get them to number one instead. They're probably the only two songs with enough momentum, as they are Christmas themed, to beat Leon to the top spot. And besides, shouldn't the Christmas Number One be a Christmas themed song anyway?

Is there any list or guide as to who's going to be in the running for Christmas number one this year? I'd assume since X Factor launched some might have given up, but there's a good chance to beat them this year, particularly with the download of singles changing everything.

Give it to The Pogues. I'll be downloading.

Is there any list or guide as to who's going to be in the running for Christmas number one this year? I'd assume since X Factor launched some might have given up, but there's a good chance to beat them this year, particularly with the download of singles changing everything.

Give it to The Pogues. I'll be downloading.

When I seen the odds for Xmas number one in the paper the other day, it had the X Factor winner at 1/8 and the rest miles behind. Spice Girls, Take That and Westlife were all listed ...but at around the 20/1 mark.

Here's the current charts:

1 (N) - Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua

2 (1) - Leona Lewis

3 (10) - Soulja Boy

4 (8) - Mariah Carey

5 (3) - Girls Aloud

6 (4) - Timbaland & OneRepublic

7 (5) - Take That

8 (12) - Pogues

9 (2) - T2

10 (16) - Cascada

And Soulja Boy climbed this week because of a CD release. So Mariah, Pogues and Cascada are the only ones with forward momentum heading into Christmas week, as they are Christmas songs. But Leon is a massive favourite, and I'll take either Mariah or the Pogues ahead of him. I reckon those 3 will be the top 3 next week - Spice Girls, Westlife and Take That have no chance, and Eva/Katie is a limited charity song.