Official X-Factor Thread...

Guest tiarnantmann

Guest tiarnantman

Actually, I've got percentages of votes here. I'm not sure how reliable they are, but here you go:

1 (1) Rhydian Roberts 33.70%

2 (2) Same Difference 29.67%

3 (3) Leon Jackson 20.88%

4 (4) Niki Evans 15.75%

Now, if they go down the route in which they eliminate one act half-way through the show, I'd assume that Leon'll go. This'll leave Rhyd and Same Difference in the final. Now, I'd guess that Leon has the teeny vote, and Same Difference are seemingly aimed at a pre-teen to mid-teen audience. So, if SD can pick up the majority of Leon's votes, they could just about win the contest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Same Difference win, I won't be able to describe how disappointed I am. They just remind me of Steps so much, and I always hated Steps. Rhydian is leagues above them in terms of talent. Sure, the girl from Same Difference is worth a shag but that doesn't mean they should win.

EDIT: And if we're going to break down votes, what kind of people vote for Nikki? The people who appreciate a good ballad voice? Hopefully that means they'll all jump on the Rhydian bandwagon.

Edited by Pesci Queen

I can't see anyone who voted for Nikki going over to Same Difference, it's just too far removed. So I'd assume they will go Rhydian as you've said. Leon's vote could go either way - some might stick with the cheesey crap and SD or the single male singer route to Rhydian.

I'm by no means a Rhydian fan, but would take absolutely anyone over Same Difference. Nothing more than H from Steps and a rather bland, nothing-special female singer who never would have made it in the girls category.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

Niki has said to the papers that she wants people to vote for Leon to win, and she seems to be campaigning for him!

Rumours are that the whole celebrity duet thing will continue this year:

Rhydian & Katherine Jenkins

Leon & Kylie Minogue (poss. due to the Dannii link)

And SD hasn't been announced as of yet. I think if Leon does duet with Kylie, it could really swing votes!

Don't get me wrong - Same Difference are just plain cheesy, and aren't that great at singing either. But with TV "talent" shows overrunning the schedules and with us still bearing the brunt of the past two years X-Factor winners as "proper" artists, it would be hilarious if an act won that wasn't "supposed" to do so. Besides, there's Paul Potts still hanging around from Britain's Got Talent that sings opera songs, why would we need a younger, blonder version of him? No offence to Rhydian, who is an amazing singer and who seems a geniunely humble guy, but it's time a totally different kind of act won one of these shows, and that act is Same Difference.

(Apologies for the overuse of the old quote marks there...)

Guest TheBlueyComplex

In a way, I think that Same Difference were intended to get to this stage in the competition. Simon Cowell is a glorified promoter (see: Robson & Jerome, Power Rangers, Zig & Zag etc.) and having turned down Take That and other hugely successful groups.

Simon Cowell knows that High School Musical is a worldwide phenomenon, so would of course take advantage of this. With SD also reportedly signed to Disney for HSM3, it's seeming to work out fine for Simon Cowell. All he needs is to release albums of HSM-esque songs and it might actually sell worldwide.

And what with the two 'made-up' groups in the finals, it made SD stand out more since they're already established. Hope were hated by the British public, and Futureproof went out really early in the competition. I think Simon Cowell has planned SD to get very very far in the competition. When you have a look at his musical track record, he has little more credibility than any of the other judges.

I agree on that, I think when Simon put SD into his final 3 he was thinking more about progress and selling records as opposed to who he may have genuinely liked. As I recall he wasn't keen at all on SD in the opening stage or two.

Everyone I speak to seems convinced Hope are groomed to be the next big girl band. While they can be marketed to the hilt and put in the public eye, the public just don't seem to like them all that much. I think that younger one in the group (aka the singer) would do better alone.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

X-Factor Official site has announced it now:

Same Difference & Jason Donovan (I presume re-singing Any Dream Will Do)

Rhydian & Katherine Jenkins (singing You Raise Me Up)

Leon & Kylie Minogue (dunno what they could do here, Long and Winding Road ala Will/Gareth maybe)

Jason Donovan for SD? That's hardly going to be a huge vote winner, whereas Leon might get people voting for him just because of Kylie. Since atleast last year with Ray and Leona, both of the acts (Take That and Westlife) were all similarly huge.

I can see Leon pipping Same Difference to second now since he's singing with Kylie Fucking Minogue! No offense to Jason Donovan, but he's clearly not in the same league as Kylie. I'll still be happy if Rhydian wins, and with that duet and song it looks like he could have it wrapped up.

Rhydian has to win.

Others are shit.

Agreed. And the entirety of this X Factor that I've seen has consisted of the recap over these last 10 minutes. :shifty:

SD are annoyingly bland and poppy. Leon is quite good but lacks a little bit of an edge. Rhydian has character and a much better style of singing voice.