2007/2008 Hockey Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Yeah I would understand if it was the final round, but it's only the second.

Well if you want to play it that way, it's only the first round of the playoffs, and only the second game of the first round. :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an intense game 2 from the Rangers/Devils series. Gomez and Langs getting in a tussle in the second period and Gomez then mocking him was my highlight so far of the night.

Then came the 2 goals in 23 seconds to start the 3rd period.

I love the Rangers fans right now, mocking the Devils "Marty" chant.

Edited by twoonglue

Cherry was saying the league doesn't want Calgary or Anaheim in the Finals because of the reffing. I think after tonight he can add not letting Boston win a game to that list. That was just brutal.

Predators got fucked over today too. Actually, the refs have been brutal for the whole playoffs thus far.

Edited by Clawson

I didn't watch the whole Habs game... but that last one in overtime WAS a penalty. If your stick gets in the skate of your opponent and he goes down, it's tripping. Clear and conscise. That's what happened, and unfortunately, it led to a goal.

On a different note... Todd Bertuzzi once again shows that he's a Class A Piece of Shit. He should have been suspended for slashing at a player, a multitude of times, while he was down on the ice. Dangerously close to his face too. Say what you will about penalties being called against Anaheim, but from what I've seen Bertuzzi alone pull in this series so far, I don't want them to beat Dallas. I would be ashamed to say that they won the cup again with that piece of garbage in their lineup.

Or did Randy Carlysle tell him to do that? :shifty:

I didn't watch the whole Habs game... but that last one in overtime WAS a penalty. If your stick gets in the skate of your opponent and he goes down, it's tripping. Clear and conscise. That's what happened, and unfortunately, it led to a goal.

Oh it was, but the fact they missed a high stick seconds earlier makes it sketchy.

EDIT:

Rule 60 – High-sticking

60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height

of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in

control and responsible for their stick. However, a player or

goalkeeper is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is

committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion.

A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal

windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the

height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

Meh, never mind the right calls were made.

Edited by Clawson

Montreal will get a chance to end the series at home. That's why they lost tonight, right?

Also, I think I have found a team to cheer for this post season - the Calgary Flames. They came back from an awful start and won the game with Cujo in net and Owen Nolan actually doing something in the playoffs.

Horrible start, giving up 3 in the first 5 minutes... but only the first one was really bad. The last two are forgiveable, and Kipper shouldn't take the heat for them. Cujo really stepped up though and showed why he's there, holding the Sharks to those 3 goals alone.

After the change in net, the team woke up and played 55 minutes of tremendous hockey.

If we can play that way even half the time through the remainder of the post-season, we could be looking at another big run for my Flames.

Now comes the hard part... do I mohawk my hair that I've been letting grow out, or do I find some other lame and obnoxious way to support my team? Only time will tell.

One thing is for sure though, San Jose is the best they've ever been, and if they lose in the first round here, you can expect wholesale changes next season.

Horrible start, giving up 3 in the first 5 minutes... but only the first one was really bad. The last two are forgiveable, and Kipper shouldn't take the heat for them. Cujo really stepped up though and showed why he's there, holding the Sharks to those 3 goals alone.

After the change in net, the team woke up and played 55 minutes of tremendous hockey.

If we can play that way even half the time through the remainder of the post-season, we could be looking at another big run for my Flames.

Now comes the hard part... do I mohawk my hair that I've been letting grow out, or do I find some other lame and obnoxious way to support my team? Only time will tell.

One thing is for sure though, San Jose is the best they've ever been, and if they lose in the first round here, you can expect wholesale changes next season.

Buy a Flames jersey and wear it every day. Even if it gets dirty and stained, don't take it off until the Flames are out of the post season.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah. Technically it's not against the rules, and his job is pretty much to be as annoying as possible, so I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

I know it's not against the rules, but the way he did it was retarded and imagine how stupid that looks to someone who hasn't watched a lot of hockey. Actually, that looked stupid to someone who has watched a lot of hockey...

Anyways, listen to Ron McLean explain it right here - Video of Sean Avery screening with Ron McLean doing commentary.

Is that the video where he explains how you can make a case for it being against the rules? He explained that out on CBC last night.

But if Brodeur finally does take a penalty for it, sweet mother of lord, I hope he puts Avery out for the rest of the playoffs AND some of next season.

Edited by APSHAM-O

I don't have my NHL officials handbook on me, but can you not at least call unsportsmanlike for purposely waving a stick blade repeatedly in another player's face? It would seem about right to me. I guess it's a judgment call on the refs behalf.

You couldn't before, but you can now. They just changed the rule....like, an hour ago.