2007/2008 Hockey Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Dragsy, it doesn't excuse players from the blame for dirty shots. I just think that so many people wonder why a lot of them happen, and claim to want them out of the game, and yet, nobody looks to what causes most of those plays.

Jim Vandermeer gets tripped on what could have been a potential 2 on 1. No call. Seconds later, Vandermeer pastes someone into the boards out of frustration and gets a penalty. Had the original call been made like it should have, he wouldn't have hit that poor kid. He shouldn't have in the first place, but I'm thinking prevention here.

Also, I'm a little pissed that Edmonton scored on the ensuing powerplay, which should have been Calgary's... as that was the game winner. Fucking Edmonton, being an exciting team on a roll... how dare they!

In my NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager game, I just finished in last place as the Islanders. No worries - only DiPietro, Witt, Shawn Bates and Jeff Tambellini are returning next season. Everyone is going to hit free agency! I just took a holiday from the start of the game to the playoffs. I don't know why it let me go on though - my team is operating below the salary floor.

I am hoping its a decent free agent year. This could really blow up in my face.

Playing 2005, now in year 2010.

First year I got the first and second overall pick, taking Little and Frolike. Both spent the next 2-3 years in the AHL.

Right now, there is not a single Leaf remaning. Sundin retired after hitting Free Agency (refusing to resign), a day after agreeing to join New Jersey.

It's fun, and I always seem to end up with a few 1st round picks in the draft (One year I had 4-5 that weren't my own). First year I made the playoffs, then got knocked out first round. Then I failed to make the playoffs, and after that, two back to back cup victories.

I ended up with the 4th overall pick and decided to go for Kyle Beach after Yann Sauve, Drew Doughty and Vitaly Karamnov were drafted 1-2-3. Stamkos wasn't taken and at around 8th overall, I decided to send my two second rounders to Pittsburgh to get Stamkos. The rest of my picks were spent on improving the Sound Tigers. I picked up Jared Staal with my 4th pick in the 3rd round.

Kyle Okposo is now ready for the AHL, and just signed a deal. Jeff Tambellini actually led the NHL team in scoring and I hope can keep getting better.

Chris Simon was the fan favourite of the year. He is gone now - screw that guy.

Edited by Toe

Avs clinch the playoffs with a 4-2 win over the canucks. Nucks fans will probably cry foul over one of the goals as Stastny made contact with Luongo...but from the replay I saw - Luongo was touched after the puck went in.

EDIT: And the Oilers are eliminated on the same night. Eat it, delusional Clawson.

Edited by Plubby

Montreal needs to win their next two games, or win one and lose one in overtime. If they do that and the Pens lose Sunday afternoon, the Habs will be the #1 team in the East.

So I'm headed to the game on Saturday against the Leafs. And what I found out is that working for sports broadcasters means that I'm going to be going to as many playoff games as I want to watch em from the press box... I am tres excite.

If Ottawa gets kicked out of the playoffs, then that will make this whole horrible season turn into a happy, awesome season. Vesa Toskala will be getting his final start of the year - lets crush them Sens!

Sorry, but go Ottawa. I don't want to play them in the first round. No sir.

Woo! The kids get it done again. Goddamn, Price has won 6 in a row and Montreal just dominated another game. Too bad Buffalo got that late goal or Price would have 2 shutouts in a row. Smolinski pots 2 and puts up a massive effort.

For a team missing Komisarek, Koivu, Bouillon and Ryder... they're not half bad.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank