2007/2008 Hockey Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this gayness. 10:30 Eastern start time, hasn't the west coast learned that the league just doesn't care about them, stop trying to schedule according to your time zone.

If Montreal pulls 3 of 4 wins on the coast, I'll mark them down as a contender, anything less, they're just a good eastern conference team.

I don't think any team in the East will be able to win the Cup this year, but my top two choices right now for Eastern Conference Champions are Montreal and Pittsburgh. The Penguins are going through a rough patch, but I'm confident that they'll pick up before the post-season starts.

Good news, Colorado didn't shit the bed against the league-worst Kings. Bad news, Smyth and Svatos both went down hard in the second period. Good news, both were walking and talking in the locker room shortly afterwards. Bad news, Smyth looks to have seperated his shoulder or broken his collarbone, and Svatos' knee was so swollen the results of the scans were unreadable.

So I'm sitting in the library scrolling through microfilm since I get to write an essay on "Hockey and the Canadian Identity" and figure I may as well use the last all-Canadian final (of course I completely forgot about Montreal-Calgary until right now so bare with me) and went to the Toronto Star on May 3rd, 1967. The front page didn't have any mention the Leafs won, and there was no mention of it at all until the Sports section. Shows how much times have changed eh.

Guest Grapehead

Ugh... just... ugh. You'd think Ottawa would remember what Anaheim did to them last year, but no, they're still letting them just shove them around. Is what I'm hearing from the announcers true though? Does Anaheim really get away with a lot of penalties? I've seen a few in this game, but I can't see how the highest penalized team in the league is "getting away" with anything.

I'm reading a hockey board and the top two threads are Montreal and Ottawa fans complaining about the refs.

Ottawa I can understand after reading the refs tried to call too men on the ice after the Sens pulled Gerber. That's just hilariously stupid and retarded.

Whether they're winning or not, I'm glad to see the Sens start going to Gerber as their guy. Emery deserves to sit on the bench for the rest of the season, and giving Gerber the vote of confidence now will help him get it back in time for the post-season.