2007/2008 Hockey Thread

I added you on MSN basha, so we'll work out details. I'd love to take part in a discussion about hockey. Probably the trade deadline, the playoffs and if I can sneak it in there, how much I hate how many teams are legitimately worried about getting Stamkos.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft. Everyone would just laugh at me as I verbally felate Mats Sundin.

If you did that, I'd have to verbally felate Iginla. You know, Iggy for MVP and all that stuff.

That said, if there's no verbal fellation, I think I can keep my Iggy love in check.

I'll be waking up at around 6 pm PST and leaving for work at 10 PM PST on saturday. Sunday is all kinds of uncertain, but anyway.

Montreal leads 5-1 after 2. Buffalo's only goal was a big flukey one, puck hits the crossbar, goes off the glass, comes back, hits Price in the back of the helmet and in... looking back, it's pretty hilarious... I say that only because we've fucking raped Buffalo thus far. Oh also, Latendresse fucked up some poor Sabre. He didn't beat him badly or anything, just a straight shot to the nose and he went down.

Thanks to the Canadiens, we move a point closer to Buffalo and are still 6 away from that 8th spot.

I don't even know why I cheer for them to make it, because I know they probably won't and it will cost them a chance at the best players in the upcoming draft.

Wow, Montreal totally dominated the Sabres last night. Hopefully that sort of game will come out from the Habs when they play the #1 Devils tonight. A 1-2 showdown at the Bell Center against a team we've only beaten twice in the last 6 years... :S Maybe we're just not meant for #1.

There were thousands of Habs fans at the HSBC arena the other night. What I don't understand is that announcers... especially on TSN seem to think the Ole chants that we love are to sorta serenade the opposing team like those goodbye chants. I say nay nay, they're just a bunch of really excited Habs fans and we seem to think we're at a footie match. It was hilarious to watch on tv last night hearing the Ole chants and Go Habs Go chants, The Sabres fans fought back on them in the first and second, but by the third it was just about the Habs arena. Although I really do think there must have been many quizical looks on the faces of Sabres fans when the 'We Want Free Wings' chants started (For those not in the know, in Montreal whenever the Habs score 5 goals or more in a game, the franchised sports bar La Cage Aux Sports gives out 8 free wings to everyone in the bar and if you go the next night they'll give you them then also).

Onwards against New Jersey.

#1 in the East... how long it'll last is highly suspect haha, but at least we're there right now. That was a seriously improbable win, but Montreal played a pretty good game against the Devils and just took what chances they were afforded.

The Devils only goal, that was a cocksucking goal.