2007/2008 Hockey Thread

The Penguins ownership group is ecstatic with the addition of Marian Hossa. Look for them to throw a contract offer at him prior to July 1st. If he doesn't sign an extension, and the Penguins don't make a serious run at the Cup, then this will have been a bust. If he signs and/or they at least make the conference finals, it will have proven to be a good short term decision.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pittsburgh made out like bandits. There is a reason Esposito dropped so low in the draft. Armstrong and the other guy are both ok depth players. The first round pick will be late in the first round. Dupuis was filler. Hossa is a premier talent and with Crosby or Malkin, he should prosper.

As much as I'm a fan of Armstrong and Christensen, this move effects the team more from an intangibles sense. Armstrong was a huge fan favorite, Crosby's best friend and described as "The glue that holds the team together." Losing him is huge for that reason. On the ice, he's a good role player but he's not necessary to win a Cup. And the emergence of Letang and Ruutu in the shootout makes Christensen obsolete.

Colby will be missed for sure, but anyone acting like this move just made the Thrashers a legit Cup contender next year and/or is a bad move for the Penguins is way off.

Price looks good in a huge win over Atlanta.

Pittsburgh continues to dominate the Eastern Conference.

Ottawa fields a team consisting of Anton Volvchenkov and Martin Gerber. Not surprisingly, the two players lose to a full Boston Bruins roster.

All this and more, tonight on Sports Center Awesome Net.

I would do it, only the lack of microphone would hold me back. I'm guessing the built-in mic in my lappy would suck ass unless I pressed my mouth up right up to it. Now, if only I knew how to work the damn thing to test is crapability.

A puckcast would be awesome because I'm the worst at getting my point across on screen. When I do try to get a point across, I usually end up typing a huge rambling paragraph for 20 minutes, then say "fuck it" and leave the thread. And by that point I'm still only halfway through my post.

I need a mic.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy