2007/2008 Hockey Thread

I don't understand you Plubby. Ovechkin hits Komisarek while he's turning. Big hit yes, but nothing bone crushing. Bouillon runs over Ovechkin later in a hit that more than made up for 'Vechkin knocking Komisarek... That's all I was saying. I'm pretty sure before that I was praising his unbelievable ability.

That being said, I'm not going to feed the troll anymore.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was watching youtube videos of the Leafs game tonight and oh man were there some brutal calls.

But the kicker is that Antropov is now suspended 3 games for abuse of official and it looks like John Pohl is injured. So that is 7 players in 4 games out by my count.

Edited by Clawson

Guest Grapehead

Ok, I'm sorry, I know I rag on some leafs guys for blaming refs... but ... FUCK COME ON! First of all Meszaros for high-sticking... Tlusty hit himself with his OWN stick. Schubert only grabbed Sundin cause he was shoved onto the net and grabbed by instinct so as not to bail completely. Tucker dove across Meszaros' stick, should've been minors for both guys. Meanwhile Fisher gets flip into the net, no call, gets up and gets taken down AGAIN, no call.

Actually, that was Meszaros' stick that hit Tlusty... it doesn't matter WHY you grab a guy... if you grab onto him and haul him down, it IS a penalty. Sundin used his body to knock him off of him, and Schubert grabbed him and pulled him down. That's a penalty.

The tripping call, I agree with you, should not have been a penalty... but Meszaros had already taken two in the period and if I'm a ref and I see Tucker on the ice and Meszaros' stick a foot behind him, I know that I'm thinking he tripped him up.

Toronto's young guys are playing well. Let's go Habs, by way of the Leafs!

Guest Grapehead

Bullshit, the stick that hit Tlusty was running straight, and Meszaros was cutting across at the time, he lifted his stick and that same stick hit Tlusty. Secondly, Sundin wasn't hauled down, he didn't even take a step backwards when Schubert touched him, you can't penalize a guy for his basic human instincts kicking in. Well you're falling you reach at something, or support yourself on something. Sundin shoved him into the net, and I doubt Sundin even knew the net was there, and Schubert certainly wasn't trying to "haul Sundin down" he was just doing what ANYONE would do, which is reach at something. Anyways, how Toronto got out of that game without a single penalty is BEYOND me. I would say Ottawa played shitty, but they played good considering Heatley and Alfredson are both out of action, and a lot of the guys we needed to step up played with a lot of intensity. In the end the penalties decided this game, not because Toronto scored on those power plays, but because it slowed the momentum for Ottawa and kept guys like Spezza off the ice for way too long. Unfortunately, a loss is a loss, and Ottawa certainly needs to figure out what is going on as of late.

I know that Montreal won't catch Ottawa... or if they do it won't be for long I wanted to make that clear before I went into my homer-ism for Montreal.

Don't look back now Ottawa, but Montreal is 3 points back of the conference lead and with an win tomorrow(however unlikely it may be) it would set up a Montreal/Ottawa match on Tuesday that could possibly decide the Conference lead.