2007/2008 Hockey Thread

So what happens in Toronto now? Do they re-sign Sundin at the end of the season? Who's UFA? Who needs to go to make room if anyone wants to come to Toronto?

I think the good for Toronto is that they've got a chance to finish around where they did last season, maybe even make the playoffs, which means that some bigger names might go to T.O. because when they were down at 14, 15, who really wants to go to the worst team right?

Bob, you've 37 minutes, goddamnit pull the trigger already.

Fuck, I'm hearing Hossa to Pittsburgh now.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belak I can at least understand. He's a UFA at the end of the season and might be willing to come back to Toronto - and if he doesn't, he's not a huge loss. In the meantime, there's always the chance, however slim, that a fifth-round pick will turn into a decent player.

Hal Gill to Pittsburgh for a second and a fifth.

Also, Beatnik is funny.

TheBeatnik.ca says:

The difference once again, is that Sundin has been worth every penny and is perhaps the greatest Leaf ever.

Two fifth rounders. Not exactly the "assets" we were all creaming for a few weeks ago.

It's not Fletch's fault, his hands are tied. (Sarcasm, I'm just sick of hearing his "hand are tied". We get it)

Poor Fletchy, so much rejection, you'd think he was the ugly girl at the prom.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Hal Gill to Pittsburgh for a second and a fifth.

Also, Beatnik is funny.

TheBeatnik.ca says:

The difference once again, is that Sundin has been worth every penny and is perhaps the greatest Leaf ever.

I'd say that Mats Sundin is the best Leaf ever and is worth every penny.

I was listening on the radio and heard that Kubina does have a clause in his contract that states that during the summer there is a timeframe when his no-trade clause is not applicable.