2007/2008 Hockey Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wasn't the first Leaf to score three goals in his first game, but at least it's a pretty safe bet that he was the first Leaf to score his first goal with his ass. :shifty:

Which now raises the bar higher. Now we need him to do it three times. Ass Trick!

People could throw plastic asses all on the ice...except for Detroit, who will inexplicably throw clams :shifty:

Just like Carolina and Tampa Bay (to a lesser extent) before them, the Ducks are feeling the Cup hangover. Add in the whole playing in London for the first two games, the Ducks are probably just now getting back to normal.

I was looking at the Northeast Standings today, and I really wish that the bitch point didn't exist, Ottawa could care less right now, but while yes it is only 10 games into the season, I'm sure Boston doesn't appreciate that a 5-4 Montreal team and a 4-7 Toronto team are tied and one point behind the 6-3 Bruins.

I was looking at the Northeast Standings today, and I really wish that the bitch point didn't exist, Ottawa could care less right now, but while yes it is only 10 games into the season, I'm sure Boston doesn't appreciate that a 5-4 Montreal team and a 4-7 Toronto team are tied and one point behind the 6-3 Bruins.

Wow, Montreal pushed around Pittsburgh like they were children for exactly 20:49. After they pulled Fleury, Pittsburgh woke up and Montreal stopped playing it was brutal. Thank god we still won in the shootout, we pulled a T.O. and dropped a 3 goal lead, but still, 4 in a row is good.

Also, Crosby pulled one of his dives again, and I was trying to figure this penalty out. So Kovalev cross checks Malkin and gets 2, but when he hits Malkin, Crosby jumps on Kovalev and starts going after him, Kovalev doesn't so much as fight back, but the two of them get a roughing penalty, while we still won, that penalty turned the tide of the game.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

The shootout to end the Habs game was awesome. Sabourin and Price were impressive and even though I only got to see the shootout and the last few minutes of the game (because I got the Rangers/Leafs game on CBC...) I was blown away. If the rest of the game was half that exciting, it must have been really good.

In regard to Tavares... I'm sure that I've already read somewhere that the idea of him joining the Leafs in any way, shape or form has been completely shut down.

Wow, Montreal pushed around Pittsburgh like they were children for exactly 20:49. After they pulled Fleury, Pittsburgh woke up and Montreal stopped playing it was brutal. Thank god we still won in the shootout, we pulled a T.O. and dropped a 3 goal lead, but still, 4 in a row is good.

Also, Crosby pulled one of his dives again, and I was trying to figure this penalty out. So Kovalev cross checks Malkin and gets 2, but when he hits Malkin, Crosby jumps on Kovalev and starts going after him, Kovalev doesn't so much as fight back, but the two of them get a roughing penalty, while we still won, that penalty turned the tide of the game.