2007/2008 Hockey Thread

Right now, Montreal is probably 1-1 in goaltender trades to Colorado. I highly doubt they want to risk the disaster chance of a repeat of that 1L.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Sundin. And Toronto finally had that game where they put it all together. I mean, against Montreal while they won, it was more of a Montreal beat themselves and Toronto happened to be there. After the 7-1 loss I think it finally smacked them across the face.

EDIT: I understand the guy broke the Leafs record and all, but why was he all three stars when Stajan had a 4 point effort? I understand it's one of these we love what you've done for our team. But The Three Stars of The Game. Well, I mean when Gretz or Richard got it after scoring 5 goals ok, considering they were all in the same game. Ugh...

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Leafs Injury News

Kyle Wellwood and Carlo Colaiacovo both skated today and it looks like they could both be back in the line-up by the middle of next week. Considering how Wellwood had been out "indefinitely" and no news was being given on his recovery, this is great news. I just hope this doesn't push Simon Gamache out of the line-up, who added a lot of energy and speed to the team on Thursday.

Toskala is the projected starter for tonight's game against Pittsburgh, and Alexei Ponikarovsky will be out of the line-up with his ankle injury.

Edited by Toe

Blah, we had a two goal lead at one point. Toskala faced over 50 shots and made a lot of saves, but he didn't make the one save that would have kept it tied or a save that could have prevented the 3-1 lead becoming 3-2 or 3-3.

Toronto was good on the forecheck, but the powerplay still needs work and the defence really needs to be fixed. I think we need someone not horribly slow that is a stay-at-home type.