2007/2008 Hockey Thread

Guest The Ryan

I have no idea why I have a treasury of Dave Elston comics, but one of my favourites has a bunch of Leafs players mobbing each other as the announcer excitedly yells 'AND THE LEAFS GET ANOTHER SHOT ON GOAL!!!'.

Just thought I'd share that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

Anyone else notice how stupid this hockey pools scoring is? FW = 1 and FL = 0.5? So Centers are the only really important players since they are the only ones capable of 20-30 points a night... anyways seems weird, maybe it's normal I've just never played a league like that.

Speaking of people scoring when they're not supposed to... WTF JR, WTF?

Mats Sundin had an amazing in the late stages of the game and overtime, setting up all three of the Leafs final goals. Good to get the first win out of the way, and now the Leafs have 6 of the next 7 games at the ACC.

Vesa Toskala has been making some gigantic saves, game-changing saves that we missed with Raycroft. I hope one of two things happens in goal for us - 1. Vesa Toskala continues to play well and becomes the true number one goaltender this season or, 2. Toskala's strong play pushes Raycroft to play just as well and we have two good goaltenders for the season. The shorthanded goal was preventable if the Leafs weren't inept at times in their own zone.

For the Habs, Kovalev has actually looked really good. He set up a goal for Kostitsyn and was always moving in the offensive zone, trying to set things up. I don't know how long it will last with him, but the Canadiens need to ride him while he is hot.

Edited by Toe

That was a great game to watch. I'm not too concerned with the loss because Montreal dominated play for much of the game. What was upsetting was that on two big mistakes(one by Huet, one by Markov) it allowed the Leafs to tie the game. Those were basically the two big chances Toronto had in the 2nd and they converted them. Montreal, while able to dominate more in the offensive zone were just absolutely shut down in the third by some amazing play by Toskala. Sundin played a decent game in my opinion, he didn't do too much for most of the game, but I was rather upset that he didn't get the high stick call for busting open Komisarek, and the check from behind followed by one to the face on Markov was a real bitch move. In all, a fun game to watch, I hope Toronto keeps Toskala in nets, because if that were Raycroft last night, it easily could have been 6 or 7 to 3.

That was a great game to watch. I'm not too concerned with the loss because Montreal dominated play for much of the game. What was upsetting was that on two big mistakes(one by Huet, one by Markov) it allowed the Leafs to tie the game. Those were basically the two big chances Toronto had in the 2nd and they converted them. Montreal, while able to dominate more in the offensive zone were just absolutely shut down in the third by some amazing play by Toskala. Sundin played a decent game in my opinion, he didn't do too much for most of the game, but I was rather upset that he didn't get the high stick call for busting open Komisarek, and the check from behind followed by one to the face on Markov was a real bitch move. In all, a fun game to watch, I hope Toronto keeps Toskala in nets, because if that were Raycroft last night, it easily could have been 6 or 7 to 3.