Aliens Vs Predator

Gabriel

IGN has the trailer for the sequel up for download right now... sorry I didn't put a link in, but it's pretty much right there on the website... (IGN.com for the idiots).

It's only 2 minutes long, but that 2 minutes alone was more than enough of an apology for the first movie. I mean, if the entire film has that kind of atmosphere, it's going to be right up there with Aliens as my favorite of the bunch.

Thoughts?

Edited by Total Nonstop Gabe

You just made my day.

I'm completely with you, the first film didn't do much for me. That trailer alone is enough to convince me this film will be nothing short of amazing. I'm not sure of the plot yet, but the menace taking over the streets scenario would fit perfectly here.

Here's to hoping a Freddy vs. Jason 2 could be as lucky.

The first movie grew on me over viewings... but that doesn't make it any less of an embarrassment to the franchises.

I believe the plot of the movie is as such:

A ship containing Xenomorph eggs that are ready to hatch crash lands in or very near what looks to be a mid-western United States town. Either on the ship, or sent to make sure the Xenomorphs don't spread, is a Predator (whose actual name escapes me at the moment). Anyways... naturally, people go to find out what the fuck crash landed. So they find the Face-Huggers, who attach themselves to some people and there we have some full blown Xenomorphs later on.

The Predator tries taking them out, because they are the prey. With humans not being the prey, I'm assuming that the human casualties at the hands of the Predator will be due solely to the humans becoming hostile towards it. Stupid humans.

Carnage ensues as the Predator tries to rid the earth of the uncontrolled Xenomorphs.

Apparently, we're only going to get one Predator in this one, which is perfectly fine by me... and we'll also be getting one or more Predaliens... though I'm not sure how that's going to work. Perhaps the ship that crashes is the Predator ship from the first movie? Over run by Xenomorphs (including a Queen, as they'd need one to lay eggs... unless they had eggs in storage on the ship that would be allowed to hatch because of a loss of power...I don't know)

Anyways... it's going to be fucking awesome. That's all.

You just made my day.

I'm completely with you, the first film didn't do much for me. That trailer alone is enough to convince me this film will be nothing short of amazing. I'm not sure of the plot yet, but the menace taking over the streets scenario would fit perfectly here.

Here's to hoping a Freddy vs. Jason 2 could be as lucky.

That was actually supposed to be the second movie.

Freddy's after the Necronomicon so that he can become more powerful than ever, but because he can't be in the physical world, he must use Jason to get to it... though Jason could also be after it for his own reasons... all the while this is happening in Crystal Lake, where Ash was transferred to the Crystal Lake S-Mart. Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

So Ash has to stop the two of them from getting their hands on the Necronomicon, and hilarity ensues.

I think it works perfectly, because the only feasible way to kill off a horror icon, is to have another horror icon of equal or greater status be the one doing the killing.

And as an aside, it was all set to go ahead as a movie, but Sam Raimi ultimately backed out, as he still has plans for the Ash character in the future, and he said it wouldn't be fair to limit whoever would be directing the movie in what they could or couldn't do with the character, and he'd rather not see it at all than see it in a watered down form.

Well, it appears they solved the problem of AVP 1, with that film being mind-numbingly boring heading into the action scenes. That's good to see. It's probably gonna be thin on plot or good acting, but for a movie like this, that'll hardly matter.

That was actually supposed to be the second movie.

Freddy's after the Necronomicon so that he can become more powerful than ever, but because he can't be in the physical world, he must use Jason to get to it... though Jason could also be after it for his own reasons... all the while this is happening in Crystal Lake, where Ash was transferred to the Crystal Lake S-Mart. Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

So Ash has to stop the two of them from getting their hands on the Necronomicon, and hilarity ensues.

I think it works perfectly, because the only feasible way to kill off a horror icon, is to have another horror icon of equal or greater status be the one doing the killing.

Edited by seriouseffect

Its called Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and its the best Friday the 13th Movie. Up until then he was just a deformed, masked killer. Jason Lives made him undead, hence why he can't die. Thats as much of an "ability" as Jason has. That whole thing with Freddy saying he can't die in FVJ didn't sit well with me, cause he's undead and couldn't die anyways. He shouldn't have been in hell, cause for him to be in hell we'd have to take into account Jason Goes to Hell, and thats one of the worst movies ever, and I don't consider it part of the Friday the 13th continuity. That goes for the ending of Jason Taks Manhatten, which I feel they should remake, as well.

Its called Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and its the best Friday the 13th Movie. Up until then he was just a deformed, masked killer. Jason Lives made him undead, hence why he can't die. Thats as much of an "ability" as Jason has. That whole thing with Freddy saying he can't die in FVJ didn't sit well with me, cause he's undead and couldn't die anyways. He shouldn't have been in hell, cause for him to be in hell we'd have to take into account Jason Goes to Hell, and thats one of the worst movies ever, and I don't consider it part of the Friday the 13th continuity. That goes for the ending of Jason Taks Manhatten, which I feel they should remake, as well.

You're thinking of Candyman... which was... uh, interesting.

I wouldn't rank Chucky up there as a top horror movie killer... I just can't take him seriously... from film one to Seed of Chucky, the best things he's done incite laughter. There's nothing wrong with that, because I love the ridiculousness of it all... but at the same time, he's nowhere near Jason, Freddy, Myers, etc.