Best OST Song?

Liam

We've had several topics talking about Movie Soundtracks as a whole, but I thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite song off of a soundtrack is. I was going to ask for original songs/compositions rather than stuff just shoved onto a soundtrack, but in the end, I'm not overly too fussed.

My vote would probably have to go to 'Man Of The Hour' by Pearl Jam, from Big Fish. I love the song, and it just works so well at the end of the film, imo.

Pretty much every Cowboy Bebop OST ever released has been absolutely fantastic. As far as television soundtracks go, it's head and shoulders above everything else.

For films, conversely, my favorite composer is Jon Brion. His work on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was absolutely wonderful.

EDIT: OH INDIVIDUAL SONGS I can totally read, shut up.

I'll just start off with the main theme from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind then and I'll expand from that after I get off of work.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

"The Mark Has Been Made" by Nine Inch Nails in Man on Fire - Such an awesome song in such an awesome movie. To be honest, the whole Man on Fire soundtrack is amazing.

There are probably others but I can't really think of any off the top of my head at the moment.

The Lord of the Rings movies were shite? I'd take them over the books anyday.

As far as OST's go, the music for the Smith/Neo battle in the third Matrix was a FINE song. Nothing else really springs to mind, but for a television one; it HAS to be 'How to Save a Life' in Scrubs in 'My Lunch'. I don't like The Fray, but it fit that scene PERFECTLY.

Fourth Reich Fighting Men from Romper Stomper is an excellent song. All of the music from the soundtrack is great really, good marching anthems and good oi.

I also like the work done in the original Suburbia, though I forget the name of the guy that wrote most of the songs. The movie also features live tracks from D.I., T.S.O.L., and The Vandals.

"Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealer's Wheel from Reservoir Dogs

"Let Go" by Frou Frou from Garden State

"I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith from Armageddon, I'm not particularly keen on the band, but in the film, the song is awesome

There's more but I can't be assed.

Besides more or less the whole soundtrack of the original Transformers: The Movie, my personal fave (and its up their with my favourite songs in general) is A Life Less Ordinary by Ash. I'll let you work out which film its from yourselves.

Besides more or less the whole soundtrack of the original Transformers: The Movie, my personal fave (and its up their with my favourite songs in general) is A Life Less Ordinary by Ash. I'll let you work out which film its from yourselves.

Never seen the film, but I love the song.