Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

Missing a penalty like that is heart-breaking and cruel, but for me, couldn't happened to a better player.

Ashley Cole?

I've got nothing against Nicolas Anelka, but his penalty being saved was also fitting, considering his former clubs.

I noticed nobody cared about Anelka after the penalties. Grant was holding Terry etc etc, Anelka was just standing there alone.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like John Terry. As a player, he really annoys me with his insistence to not only play in a game but also referee it. Admittedly, since he has lost the England captaincy he has been better and is really working to get that back. He is pulling a lot of his players a lot more than when he used to lead the charge on referees. That said; I can't deny I wasn't jumping up and down when he missed, but that was simply more for the fact that Man Utd still had a chance in a shoot-out that was appearing to go our way. Sure, it can be said it was fitting he missed but knowing how much I struggle to watch any penalty shoot-out I would not wish that kind of feeling on anyone regardless of how much I don't like them.

Weirdly, I had a smile on my face when I saw Ronaldo crying. It made it rather obvious just how much he cares for Man Utd. Plus he had gone from feeling like he had lost the Champions League for us, to knowing we had won the biggest club competition in the world. It really brought home the situation and was probably the exact opposite of where John Terry was right then, seeing his penalty crash against the post. Ronaldo has been awesome for us, and should he leave, which I doubt he will, I will wish him all the best... unless he comes back and nocks us out next season. <_<

If you make a mistake on the grand stage you're going to get the piss taken out of you. John Terry isn't the first and won't be the last to get that kind of stick. It is after all the nature of the beast.

I don't think anyone said he didn't have the right to be upset.

Yeah, no-one did say that, it was more people who found it humurous that I didn't get.

Ronaldo won, the fact that he was crying was uncalled for :shifty:

I admit, it was probably a bit harsh. But if anyone deserves to be made to feel shit in a non-tragic way, it's John fucking Terry.

If his mum had just died, then of course I wouldn't be laughing at him. But because it's football, I'm allowed to ¬_¬

Missing a penalty like that is heart-breaking and cruel, but for me, couldn't happened to a better player.

Ashley Cole?

I've got nothing against Nicolas Anelka, but his penalty being saved was also fitting, considering his former clubs.

I noticed nobody cared about Anelka after the penalties. Grant was holding Terry etc etc, Anelka was just standing there alone.

Apparantly Anelka refused to take one of the first five penalties because he wasn't happy about where he was asked to play after coming on.

Edited by therockbox

I'm late for this but meh, shoot me <_<

Great final. Yeah i'm a Man Utd fan but so what? :lol: I thought it was a good game and we should have been 3-0 up before Lampard had even scored. He wouldn't have even scored but VDS fucking slipped. I thought he had a very bad game, he kept slipping over. Even on some of the penalties, he seemed to slip. Second half, Chelsea deserved to be infront, we created nothing and they really had us on the ropes, but they failed to take their chances so fuck them.

Didier Drogba, why? Chelsea had been kicking the ball out of play into the corner all game, we then go and do it once and Tevez is surrounded by every Chelsea player within 80 yards of him. Terry was one of the worst and I'm glad he's being investigated for spitting at Tevez. Drogba was the star of the show though, to run 70-80 yards to slap probably one of the hardest footballers in the country? Pillock. Terry saved us though, becuase Vidic would have ripped Drogba into several tiny pieces had Terry not held him back. He deserved to be sent off and I'm also not quite sure why Tevez was booked? Anyone?

As for the Penalty Shoot Out, Andy Gray sort of said it, but I think that most of the country was. I'm happy that miss didn't cost us because I think it would have been harsh given the season Ronaldo has had. I so wanted Ashley Cole to miss, but VDS slipped, yet again. I had no confidence in Nani at all, and I had a horrible feeling when Giggs stepped up. Terry was unlucky, but I'm not sure how much the slipped affected his shot, because it looked to me as if he'd already made contact before he slipped. I thought that Ballack should have been either 4 or 5 because he wouldn't have missed, he is german after all. Anelka didn't look pleased, nevermind.

Rooney was useless. I thought our man of the match was Michael Carrick, I remember a inswinging free kick from Malouda and he dealt with it brilliantly, how he's not in the England Squad I don't quite know. Anyone know who stepped down to compensate for Drogba? Giggs said that Vidic was next, but that's all he said. I thought Platini was going to lift the trophy aswell. Cunt! I also thought one of the players was going to fall over the edge but I'm happy they didn't.

Oh and :lol: at Avram throwing Drogba's medal into the crowd. Fair play.