• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITV's interviewer isn't much better than Pleat

Giggs 'We deserved it, better team on the night'

Interviewer 'Do you think you deserved it?'

Giggs 'We deserved it, better team on the night'

<_<

Ha ha, that was brilliant. Sitting here with my brother as Ronaldo, Terry and Anelka stepped up we said they'd all miss and they did. Seeing John Terry miss is the funniest thing. Hate him as a player and it's just brilliant seeing him crying. I feel sorry for Lamps, but seeing Ashley Cole, John Terry and co all miserable has made my night.

Congratulations to Manchester United. Heartbreaking for Chelsea. I don't know what you guys would think of it, but maybe as a future rule change (not sure if it was discussed many a time), would UEFA ever consider using the Golden Goal rule after 30 mins of Extra Time?

Typical American logic, no? Congrats again to Manchester United :)

Do you know what I hate?

I hate the 30 minutes circa 50:00-80:00 when I believed Chelsea could, nay, would win it.

That fucked me right up. My detached acceptance of failure was gone and, no matter how hard I tried, it refused to come back.

So now I feel like shit, rather than just nonplussed as I would have been if my initial predictions had been confirmed in a straight-forward manner.

Fuck.

Congratulations to Manchester United. Heartbreaking for Chelsea. I don't know what you guys would think of it, but maybe as a future rule change (not sure if it was discussed many a time), would UEFA ever consider using the Golden Goal rule after 30 mins of Extra Time?

No way. Pens may be cruel but they add so much drama to a game.

No way. Pens may be cruel but they add so much drama to a game.

You're right about the drama part. It does make sense to keep with the penalty shootout, I just kinda' threw it up as a base for future discussion :)

I think the current system is as good as it can be, the only change I'd like to see is to allow each side the option of using an additional sub at the beginning of each half of extra time.