Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

I'm trying to decide between staying out with guys from work to watch it at a pub (in Chelsea) and just going to watch it at home with the girlfriend. The major factor being whether the match will be 2007 FA Cup Final Grade Shit, in which case I can at least find other ways to amuse myself at home. >_>

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to decide between staying out with guys from work to watch it at a pub (in Chelsea) and just going to watch it at home with the girlfriend. The major factor being whether the match will be 2007 FA Cup Final Grade Shit, in which case I can at least find other ways to amuse myself at home. >_>

A Chelsea supporter, watching the biggest match in their history at home with the girlfriend?

I don't see the big deal about having to go somewhere to watch big games. I sometimes go to the cricket club to watch but I'll more than likely just stay at home tonight and watch it with my brother. Sure the atmosphere might be better out but it's free drink at home >_>

...and Stok's lucky. I can sometimes convince my girlfriend to stay round and play on the computer while the footy is on but never actually WATCH it. She'd ask far too many silly questions and then get bored after 15 minutes.

The Chelsea-Livepool semi-final second leg was the first football match she has watched from start to finish AND enjoyed.

I imagine this match will shatter all of that. :shifty:

You're fortunate she didn't see the first leg. That could have turned her off football forever.

Edited by metalman

Long ball attempts from Chelsea to try to get the ball to Drogba, then Man United taking the ball from a goal kick and passing it down the pitch fairly quickly, then a wayward pass finding a Chelsea defender and then more of the same from Chelsea. Maybe a couple of goals in there but both defences are among the best in the world so there shouldn't be too many. Probably won't have you on the edge of your seat the whole time, I'd bet, but I think it'll probably be better than your average stalemate between big teams because United want the double and Chelsea have desperately wanted the Champions League for years.

Edited by Pesci

The tension alone should be enough to watch the game. However although it's really cliche to say an early goal could be huge for this game and could really spark it. Thier match in the Premiership a couple of weeks ago had a lot riding on it which made it a thrilling game to watch so this one is going to be even bigger with an even bigger prize riding on it.