Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too disappointed as a Gooner. Yes, Liverpool are good at the European style games - which would include their victories in this competition over Chelsea - but Arsenal don't play that way. The style is going to be more that of a normal Premier League game
Edited by therockbox

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea losing at the moment 2-1 to Fenerbache :o

I mean to be fair they have the away goal but it puts a lot of pressure on them again and grant doesn't seem very good at the big pressure games thus far. (One win when Arsenal went into meltdown isn't very impressive.)

Well I seem to be completely alone in the fact that Bendtner was trying to get out the way. He jumped backwards and began stumbling and as the ball came it looked to me as if he was just trying to raise his leg up and over the ball instead of nicking the goal himself.

However all I've heard all week is how it was stupid. How it was selfish. How it was rubbish. How he was doing this and how he was doing that. Where to me it just looked like he was stumbling across almost and just wanting to get out of the way. I mean I think it's a bit unfair for Paul Merson to come out and start rambling about how Bendtner was being selfish and trying to steal the goal and all this.

Peter Crouch will partner Fernando Torres in attack as Liverpool look to book their place in the last four of the Champions League at the expense of Arsenal tonight.

The Reds striker, who scored against the Gunners in Saturday's 1-1 league draw at the Emirates, comes in for Dutch winger Ryan Babel, with Steven Gerrard moving to the flank.

Sami Hyypia returns to partner Martin Skrtel in defence with Jamie Carragher and Fabio Aurelio in the full-back positions.

Liverpool team in full: Reina, Carragher, Aurelio, Skrtel, Hyypia, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Voronin, Lucas, Benayoun, Babel, Riise, Arbeloa.

He'll start on one of the wings, I'd imagine he'll have a free role though.

Just graphic I saw had Kuyt on the right. And with Alonso and Mash, I'm assuming that leaves Gerrard on the left.

And I think Arsenal are playing a decent side. There's an away goal in it, I reckon there'll be a goal or two regardless, they don't need to come out gung ho. They can definitely get a goal with who they have already on the field, it's not like they need to make up 5 goals or anything. Plenty of time.

Fully deserved if that's possible. Arsenal have played such sweet football early on and just haven't let Liverpool play. No doubt Liverpool will get back into it, but Arsenal have started really quickly and well.

And this commentator is annoying, who is it? The 'colour' commentator as it were - that is.

Jeez. Can see these coming a mile off. Liverpool turned it around, started to dominate and get possibly a deserved goal. Arsenal just can't sustain the level of play for a long period. Senderos I've always been a fan of but he's been out maneuvered by a 90 year old Finn, I don't think this is his level.