Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

Pretty entertaining and even game. Man Utd were by far the better side in the first half and should have scored more than the one that they got. Then second half Chelsea were a hell of a lot better and could easily have won it but with so many shots off target they only have themselves to blame really. Penalties is always a horrible way to lose but I find it hard to feel sorry for Chelsea since so many of their players are horrible cunts, but I feel sorry for Ballack, he's awesome.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a soccer (err...football) fan. I tried watching it a few times and quickly became bored. But I don't know how to explain it. Decided to watch this Man U/Chelsea game and it's pretty exciting. I don't know what changed my outlook so quickly, but I'm quite enjoying this.

Ringy has made an excellent point....

Wes Brown now has won two champions leagues.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN!?

:shifty:

I actually told my Dad that someone would probably slip doing a penalty kick. Didn't expect it at such a crucial time, but it certainly made the game more enjoyable since I didn't really care who won.

My brother woke me up with his shouts during penalties this morning. I heard one last 'NOOOO' and things getting whacked before falling back to sleep, so I presumed Man Utd had won >_>

Did VDS just say "Fucking hell, sorry"?

I thought he said "I gotta go, sorry" because he wanted to be with the rest who were jumping around celebrating.

Nah, he said 'fucking hell', and then apologised.

It was a bit harsh on Chelsea, as I think they deserved it. Cech made some quality saves, but on the whole, I think Chelsea were the better team. People who are like 'haha terry' should probably go suck a dick, I wouldn't wish that kinda thing on anyone. I also feel sorry for Avram....Summ summed (:shifty:) it up best about him, and I wanted him to win it as much as anyone.

I guess in case it did go to sudden death. You may need all 11 players to take penalties, so you might as well get as many players on who will as you can, no matter where they end up.

My girlfriend was happy that Ronaldo missed his penalty because 'he cheats with his run up'.

Ah man that game had everything. First half all United could have easily been 3-0! Second half all Chelsea they could have easily won 3-1! Then extra time was just bloody tense and seemed quite balanced to be honest with both teams going at each other. Penalties was unbearable especially when Ronaldo missed. The hush in the pub when Terry stepped up to take his penalty was so eery as it had been loud all night. I feel sorry for Chelsea because they played really well especially so in the second half where they stopped trying to defend and came at United. Have to say though Drogba must have pissed off all their fans. I doubt he would have missed the penalty but eh that's how football is the margin between winning and losing trophies this season has been so marginal!

Yes, you'd better :shifty:

I just think that whatever you think of a player, them and thier team have got to the final, its gone down to penalties and they've missed out. Chelsea got thier on merit, thanks in no small part to Terry, and whether you like him as a person, he has a right to be upset about the miss. It shouldn't be the case of 'haha he is crying, how awesome'.....but meh, it will be, so I dunno why I'm bothering >_>