Football Manager 2008

Dan

Susie's Newest LNC Fix! By me! :D

Needs feedback, tell me if there's anything wrong or that needs improvement.

Looking at the screenshots of that makes me feel that I need a snazzy new skin. Anyone have any skins they'd like to reccommend?

I use Gluu. Very good skin. It's very clean and I love the way the logos are shown in-game. It also has minimal problems showing unusual character (like Azeri ə, etc).

On match days, it'll take the background logo from the home team and have the logo of the visiting team in front of that. Really cool effect. The default background is great too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having a go with Gluu. I'll see if I get used to it.

I notice that it has a big "£0" on the top menu ribbon, which takes me to my Finances screen. Now I don't know whether the "£0" is just a symbol or whether it's meant to show my actual finances, because my finances aren't £0 and looking at it is making me feel unduly poor. :shifty:

It's a $ not a £. Maybe it's supposed to represent the number of Americans piling money into your team. (¬_¬)

And whenever I have a 'costly decision', like goals not given for offside, controversial penalties, etc, my players are ALWAYS wrong. I don't even complain anymore, because I know I'll be fined and banned.

I've started a game as MTZ-Ripo Minsk in Belarus. We just played Auxerre in the Inter-Toto Cup and over-came a 3-0 half time deficit to win 3-4 it was so awesome :D

Susie's Newest LNC Fix! By me! :D

Needs feedback, tell me if there's anything wrong or that needs improvement.

Looking at the screenshots of that makes me feel that I need a snazzy new skin. Anyone have any skins they'd like to reccommend?

I use Gluu. Very good skin. It's very clean and I love the way the logos are shown in-game. It also has minimal problems showing unusual character (like Azeri ə, etc).

Screenie?

Might as well update my progress.

I started a new game (unemployed of course), all British and Irish leagues active, and the top leagues from each country in the game active.

Got a job with Queens University Belfast (Northern Irish third-tier side), part-timers, on 7/7/07. Did alright in my first season, didn't win anything and finished in third place, three points off of promotion. My team was already full of Europeans from Slovenia, Poland and Romania, and I brought in a bunch of great players for literally nothing.

We had a terrible start in the league, kept losing the lead/match in the last five minutes and things like that, but we were going great in the cup competitions.

We won the league on the last day of the season to finally go top, we won the Irish Cup from the third tier(!) to go into Europe by beating top tier Cliftonville and Institute on the way, we won the lower League Cup (second and third-tier teams only) by beating second-tier Larne, and we won the County Antrim Shield beating Larne, Cliftonville, H&W Welders (second-tier) and eventual Irish Premiership champions Linfield (4-1!!!).

So yeah. Best game I've had in a long time. Usually I struggle, grow bored and move on, but I am raping the entire Northern Irish league system with a bunch of European part-timers.

Ironically, I lost to non-league opposition in the Intermediate Cup (second-tier and down) and Steel Cup (second-tier and down, and top-tier reserves as well).

I've now shot to 'National' fame. I'll be jumping club soon, as while I've been doing a great job, the board have given me no funding at all. They have slowly watched the finances decline and now they sit at £150,000 in debt. I've kept to the wage budget (just over £2,000 p/w) and spent literally nothing on transfers other than clauses like 50% of next sale. The only money coming into the club is players I sell for way more than their worth.

Fuck the board! I should be able to buy the club in the game. (¬_¬)

Overall Stats:

Time at QUB: 705 days/2 years

Games Won: 51

Games Drawn: 13

Games Lost: 20

Goals Scored: 207

Goals Conceded: 122

Goal Difference: 85

Value of players bought: £3k

Value of players sold: £55k

To top it all off, Rangers won the UEFA Cup in the game and I attended it as well. :D

I started a new game (unemployed of course), all British and Irish leagues active, and the top leagues from each country in the game active.

Is that especially demanding on the CPU? I've always wanted to do that but I was unsure if the computer could handle it.

Got a job with Queens University Belfast (Northern Irish third-tier side), part-timers, on 7/7/07. Did alright in my first season, didn't win anything and finished in third place, three points off of promotion. My team was already full of Europeans from Slovenia, Poland and Romania, and I brought in a bunch of great players for literally nothing.

We had a terrible start in the league, kept losing the lead/match in the last five minutes and things like that, but we were going great in the cup competitions.

We won the league on the last day of the season to finally go top, we won the Irish Cup from the third tier(!) to go into Europe by beating top tier Cliftonville and Institute on the way, we won the lower League Cup (second and third-tier teams only) by beating second-tier Larne, and we won the County Antrim Shield beating Larne, Cliftonville, H&W Welders (second-tier) and eventual Irish Premiership champions Linfield (4-1!!!).

So yeah. Best game I've had in a long time. Usually I struggle, grow bored and move on, but I am raping the entire Northern Irish league system with a bunch of European part-timers.

Ironically, I lost to non-league opposition in the Intermediate Cup (second-tier and down) and Steel Cup (second-tier and down, and top-tier reserves as well).

I've now shot to 'National' fame. I'll be jumping club soon, as while I've been doing a great job, the board have given me no funding at all. They have slowly watched the finances decline and now they sit at £150,000 in debt. I've kept to the wage budget (just over £2,000 p/w) and spent literally nothing on transfers other than clauses like 50% of next sale. The only money coming into the club is players I sell for way more than their worth.

Fuck the board! I should be able to buy the club in the game. (¬_¬)

Overall Stats:

Time at QUB: 705 days/2 years

Games Won: 51

Games Drawn: 13

Games Lost: 20

Goals Scored: 207

Goals Conceded: 122

Goal Difference: 85

Value of players bought: £3k

Value of players sold: £55k

To top it all off, Rangers won the UEFA Cup in the game and I attended it as well. :D

The N.Irish leagues are always fun to play in. I had a game in 07 where I took over Oxford Utd Stars when they were promoted into the second tier, and won the league three years in a row. That's right, Premier League Champions (H)

Back to FM07 I started up a game as Spurs with the aim of breaking the top 4 in the first three seasons, to my amazement it turns out I am going to be able to do it in just one season!. I signed Marcelo, Anthony Vanden Borre, Ivan Amaya(Spanish CB), Sherman Cardenas and Abdoulaye(sp?)Faye to shore up the backline as well as add some attacking flair at the same time. The team was very consistent up to January(Beat Arsenal,Chelsea)and got into the League Cup final defeating Fulham on penalties, Utd are dominating the league and are 16 points in front of me whilst Liverpool and Manchester City are battling it out for second spot. I have been perched within 3rd and 4th almost the entire season.

All sounds good? then the fucking game takes away all my fun and now I have Keane,Defoe,O Hara,Jenas,Robinson,Lennon,Dawson all injured. Plus Ledley King and Berbatov have both come back from injuries are not at the best form. I did manage to loan in Salomon Kalou in January so hopefully he will provide some spark, Joe Hart has been a revelation as a substitute goalkeeper single handedly taking me into the Carling Cup Finals as well as putting in good shifts in some other matches. Hopefully I can win the League Cup and go far in Europe(drew Partizan in the knockout rounds and it's going to be tough with my injury crisis).

I tried to do the same with Atletico Madrid (break the top 4 spell), and I managed to somehow already win La Liga in the first season. But anyways, yesterday I've downloaded a database which contains all the new transfers from most countries. It has given me inspiration to play again :)

Edited by Quasi '08

Gave several youngsters a shot against Hull in the FA Cup, Stephen Hindmarch(sp?)signed from Carlisle nabbed two goals while Tomas Pekhart(touted as the next Jan Koller)thumped in a header. Robben is out of favour at Chelsea and I was very close to grabbing him on a loan but the deadline passed he would have made a brilliant addition.

• Admin

Have downloaded a new season update, then gone through and corrected a few bits, and now, after a succesful spell previously with Partizan Belgrade, have taken the reigns at Red Star Belgrade. Hopefully will be as fun as the Partizan game.

Is that especially demanding on the CPU? I've always wanted to do that but I was unsure if the computer could handle it.

Not really, just depends on your RAM and processor speed, the more you have, the quicker it will run. At first it's really fast, but as my game ages it takes longer and longer to save/load/process. It can take a long time to simulate the game-world, especially when you're employed 'part-time', as it tends to do multiple days at a time. So you're left doing nothing for a while. I usually multitask FM with other stuff though, my 360, a book, internet stuff. The thought of playing FM by itself is a weird concept to me now.

My UEFA Cup run seemed to be going well, at first. I got a tough draw against NK Zagreb, and lost the lead three times in the away leg and ended half-time at 3-3. Then we got hammered 7-3 by full-time. For the home leg I changed tactics, using the targetman option with my Polish goal machine and a much more defensive strategy. We scored at about 30 mins and held on until the dirty fuckers equalised in the 83rd. 4-8 on aggregate. :(

I tried applying for the Rangers job (Walter Smith went to Villarreal, lawl FM), but Alex McLeish got it (LAWL FM). Oddly, no one at QUB cared, and I never even got a warning about it. One of these days I'll get it after starting unemployed. :(

So yeah. Bye QUB, hello jobseekers allowance~! There's a bunch of decent positions at the moment...including Arsenal. Worth a shot. (¬_¬)