Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, you know what would be awesome? If we were to turn in our single worst ever performance in the opening game of the World Cup! Wouldn't that be cool?

We got fucking done 6-2 by the Ivory Coast cos my defence went to absolute, utter shit :(

I never got how that'd be exciting. With teams like Rushden and Diamonds in the Champion's League by the time Man United et al. got to the Premiership again the UEFA co-efficient would be well and truly buggered.

Finally! First game of FM08 that i've really gotten into :)

Started as Welling in the Blue Square South (Italian, English and Scottish leagues all enabled)... It's a little bit slow at times due to my lame computer... but I generally do other stuff while i'm playing FM anyways so it's not a huge deal.

Anyywayyy... Just reached the end of October and i'm really enjoying it. 5th in the league (Can go 2nd if I win my game in hand)... The board only wanted a top half finish so that's all good.. but my main achievement thus far is reaching the First Round of the FA Cup, which was nice because it looks like the prize money and ticket revenue combined will get me out of the red financially, after my spree of releasing players so I could bring in better ones on frees. Not only that, but we have a genuine chance of going through. Drew Macclesfield at home, who are second bottom in League Two and haven't won in about 9 - Meaning that they will no doubt trounce us 8-1 >_>

I did have to chuckle at the end of the transfer window, when you get the report on the activity amongst English clubs...

"The busiest team were Part-Timers Welling, who have brought in no less than 15 new faces."

Apparently, i'm a bit of a Harry Redknapp in the transfer market.

I started a new game with Inter made a couple transfers...im not going into detail cause they are too many...but i got the team of the week which included 9 of my players lol.

ds4sj.jpg

That's nothing. On an old game I played as Swansea and had 10 players in the team of the week. I instantly sold the one guy who had let me down.