Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want a real challenge, SD Eivissa in the Spanish Second Division B are an amature team with no money whatsoever. No transfers OR wage budget.

It's pretty much no chance in hell.

If you want a real challenge, SD Eivissa in the Spanish Second Division B are an amature team with no money whatsoever. No transfers OR wage budget.

Done.

I will report my findings.

Fucking Zokora.

I'm versing West Ham in the Quarters of the UEFA Cup. I won the home leg comfortably 2-0 but in the week gap King and Kaboul both got injured so I had to use Lorik Cana as a central defender which made me bring in Zokora to play the more defensive midfield role. With three minutes to go they're up 1-0 before Zokora passes the ball straight to Ashton who goes and scores, and then in injury time he fouls someone in the box to give them the winning penalty :@

Edit: In better news, Bale just got Young Player of the Year (meaning he's like the first person ever to get it three years in a row :D) with Saivet getting second and Taarabt third. Huzzah!

Edited by Zaz

Right, I have hated 2008 since I purchased it, having been decent at all FM's and Champ Mans in the past, I seemingly suck at this one and I just can't get into it. Best game I had was with Derby, we were narrowly relegated but I accumulated an awesome team for the Championship and was second in that when Uni work got in the way.

Basically, i'm looking to get back into, and looking for some tips. Tactics, Players etc? I'm torn between starting as somebody like Blackburn, or someone in the Blue square North/South.

I decided to go for a real challenge, and start with Eivissa and they do, indeed, suck.

Having said that, I went through my friendlies unbeaten and won our league opener 2-0, before getting schooled in the Spanish Cup away at Alicante. Still, relegation avoidance is the plan.

On that note, how harsh is relegation in this league? 20 teams, bottom 4 go down, 5th from bottom has a playoff to survive.

Anyway, enjoying this so far... making lower league sides play free flowing attacking football is always a joy.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Ugh, fuck off. This game is ridiculous sometimes, almost as if it's set up just to piss me off at particular points of the season.

I'm 3rd with 45 points from my first 19 games going into the New Year as Liverpool, and in my past few games I've been finishing off opponents by 3 or 4 goals. Man United are top but we've gained ground on them and we're only 4 points away. Dirk Kuyt, after doing nothing for the first few months, scores 8 in the Premier League in December, in like 6 games, and Torres has suddenly become immense as well.

Then I draw 3 in a row against Newcastle, Bolton and Birmingham, all at home. All of them 0-0, with pretty much exactly the same team I was playing before, and none of them are tired or unhappy or anything. It's ludicrous. Birmingham in particular sent me over the edge, they'd played 21 and accumulated just 4 points before I played them, they were laughable at the bottom, and even when I switched to a standard attacking 4-4-2 towards the end I couldn't finish them off. I can't seem to get a shot on target. There doesn't seem to be a reason to it, it's just as if the game is trying to get me to bang my head against a brick wall. And I bet when I next load the game I'll go back to winning 3 or 4-0, that's what usually happens, but if I would've carried on just then I probably wouldn't have won another game for ages.

Hah... FM07, it's 2014 and I am Barcelona.

We win the league with about four games to go, and before that win the Copa Del Rey. Then we lose to Valencia in La Liga and my old club Milan in the CL Semi. After we go out of the CL, we play Sevilla who got through to the final beating Liverpool, Carlos Talevera gets injured and I bring on Goran Slovkovski cause I have no AM to replace Talevera with. We go on to thump Sevilla 6-0 and then in the next game beat Zaragoza 4-0 with a team as lovely as this:

Akinfeev

Pendleton

Bermejo

Davis

Plet

Messi

Paulo

Aquilani

Talevera

Jose Javier Paschuall

Cappola

That is without Armand Traore, who I dropped. Without Vanden Borre, Ronaldinhio and Sergio Aguero who are all long term injuries and without Samuel Eto'o and Thiago Riberio (the latter being European Golden Boot winner for the 2013 season) and Goran Slavkovski on the bench. Cappola is a beast, he got into the team, got injured and still managed to out-score Eto'o and kept Eto'o out of the team after he went to the Cup of Nations and got injured. Paschual and Cappola were nowhere near my first choice strikers (infact JJP went out on loan to Malaga for most of the season) but they've finished it as such. Paulo too was not a main player when I bought him but he's played so well he's become semi-regular and made it into my Portugal team too.

Pendleton came from Coventry (who won the UEFA Cup not long after I bought the guy) for 10million and I never expected much from him but he's been great cover for Vanden Borre (and keeping Oleguer from getting picked too).

I was thinking about leaving Barca if the West Ham job comes up, but I think I'm developing a team of young stars.

Done.

I will report my findings.

Whoa! We're going to Ibiza!

*beepy beepy beep beep beep*

Whoa! In mid-table mediocrity!

Whoa! We're going to Ibiza!

*beepy beepy beep beep beep*

Whoa! No-one wants to sign for me...

:shifty:

My FM07 game likes to stall during World Cups and such on my laptop, which is irritating. But I managed to solve this by putting the save onto my PC before. I tried to do that today and it didn't work... And I don't know why :(

Help!

My FM07 game likes to stall during World Cups and such on my laptop, which is irritating. But I managed to solve this by putting the save onto my PC before. I tried to do that today and it didn't work... And I don't know why :(

Help!

Different databases probably. It effects the save somehow.

What future managerial appointments have you found?

Liverpool - Mark Hughes

Man Utd - Steve Coppell

Chelsea - Sinisa Mihajlovic - My old assistant manager at Inter

Villa - Steve Clarke

Arsenal - Ronald Koeman

Tottenham - Sam Allardyce

Fulham - Dennis Wise

Man City - Paul Ince

Leeds - Gustavo Poyet

Birmingham City - Trevor Francis

I'm in 2013.