Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically a cheat buy is the type of player that comes up on online FM sites that list good players to buy. Then people start a new game, sign them all and wait for them to become superstars.

Basically a cheat buy is the type of player that comes up on online FM sites that list good players to buy. Then people start a new game, sign them all and wait for them to become superstars.

...And to add to that, a player is NOT a cheat buy if the random unknown guy who has become amazing isn't on any of these lists. :P

Yes, well he can get his manager stats up after 15 years of not winning trophies, which is much more rewarding than winning stuff like we do.

Plus he can keep his squad together and have a 42 year old Phil Neville as captain so that's good.

Edited by King Ellis Island

My game went kaput so I started a new with Forrest. Currently 12th in League 1, had a pretty crappy start to the season but we're picking up pretty rapidly now. Gotten into the Fourth Round of the League Cup too, beating Shrewsbury, Villa and Sheffy Utd.

Bogdan Stancu and Juho Mäkelä FTW!

In my game, by season 4, Liverpool have imploded.

Of their current real life first team squad today, they have Reina, Insua and Torres left. They've sold everyone else, including Gerrard for a steal £11m to Valencia and gone through 4 managers, including Erikkson, who lasted all of 12 games (1 win, 1 draw, 10 losses). They survived relegation last year by a point and are predicted 15th this year, one place behind Leicester.

It's not all bad though, I'm just sold them Alan Smith. (Y)

Meanwhile, I'm blazing my way up the league as the Mighty Magpies, 3rd last year, 4th and 5th the previous years.

Team

GK: Shay Given / Dean Bouzanis (Free)

RB: Micah Richards (£29.75m) / Geremi

LB: Jose Enrique / Timothee Atouba (£8m)

CB: Vedran Corluka (£23m) / Fabricio Coloccini (£7.5m) / Abdoulaye Faye

CB: Steve Taylor

MR: Fernando Belluschi (£7m) / Sotoris Ninis (£1.6m)

ML: Matias Fernandez (£10.5m) / Mark Bresciano (Swapped for Emre)

DMC: Miguel Veloso (£17m) / Lorik Cana (Free)

AMC: Rafael Van Der Vaart (£20m) / Andres D'Alessandro (Swapped for Cani)

FC: Asamoah Gyan (£20m) / Kevin Doyle (Swapped for James Milner)

FC: Obafemi Martins / Andy Carroll / Antonio Cassano (£5.5m)

Sold Owen for £28m to Chelsea and made £6m profit on Steve Sidwell after 1 season. Shipped of Barton to Villa for £4m too.

All my coaches are rated 7 stars and all my scouts are 17/17 minimim.

Came fourth with Tottenham in my second season (was fighting with Arsenal for third right up until the final match), so the board is now happy. Bale got Young Player of the Year, Berbatov got third in the Player of the Year and Robinson got the keeper in the Team of the Year (realistic, I know >_>) with both Bale and Berbatov getting on the bench. Got to the quarters again in the UEFA Cup before losing 4-3 on aggregate to Real Madrid. Probably gonna sell Defoe and buy a striker with finishing of at least 19, as I usually have a lot of chances but the keeper keeps me at bay <_<. Also might sell Chimbonda for a better right back and Huddlestone is on his way out for 6.5m pounds and I'm hoping to sign Lorik Cana on a free to replace him.