Football Manager 2008

Dan

Most leagues you could ever think of are available in the full version. And I would say that starting at a really small club would be better than starting unemployed, just in case you get offered nothing and the game is racing by with you just sitting there.

...Although, you might get offered a job early into the game on unemployed every time. I wouldn't know because I haven't tried it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jam's idea seems possible, but might take a while. I was thinking that I would start as an unemployed manager, go on Holiday until the day before each England qualifier, save the game - then if England get a good result, reload the game to the day before. Repeat until they fuck up, and continue. :shifty:

Actually, I had England manage to not qualify on one of my abandoned games, McLaren was given the boot understandably, his replacement...

Gareth Southgate :crying:

...if you've predicted the future, I'll hold it against you forever :angry:

I tried a game as Eivissa (Ibiza) in Spain.

Ever try playing as an Amature team? Absolutely sucks complete donkey balls. The funny thing is, they actually have some proper quality players you could build a good second division team with. The bad side is I can't sign anyone to a contract of any worth and I can't train them properly.

Somewhat of a challenge though.

Bah. I've simmed up to the Croatia match and England are yet again in the position of needing a point to progress...so all they need to do is lose at home.

They keep winning. Like, 4-0 or 5-1.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO LOSE? :@

Edit:

England 1-2 Croatia. :D Croatia with 10 men, as well.

Edited by stokeriño

They should add an "Interview for the Job" feature. I think that'd be kinda cool and more realistic. Like they'd ask you questions about transfer market policy and playing tactics. It wouldn't be an in-depth interview but maybe something like.

"What tactics do would you play?", "How fast can you achieve the main goal?", "What do you think of the current squad?", "What is your transfer policy?"

Yeah, something like that.

Pfft, even after failing to qualify for Euro 2008, McClaren's job security remained "stable" so I had to force him out myself. Plus England somehow managed to cling on to their 1st seeds ranking, so our qualifying group for World Cup 2010 is pitifully easy (the only other team of any merit is Romania, and we're in the slightly smaller 9th group, giving me even less to do).

Oh well, I can at least spend my time messing about with the squad... I picked my 26 guys for the first friendly against Bulgaria - not all my first choices, since a number of them were injured (Robert Green, Ben Foster, Ledley King, etc.), but still:

Paul Robinson

Chris Kirkland

Scott Carson

David James

Micah Richards

Gary Neville

Ashley Cole

Wayne Bridge

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Joleon Lescott

Jonathan Woodgate (ugh, I feel dirty)

Steven Gerrard

Gareth Barry

Frank Lampard

Michael Carrick

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Joe Cole

Stewart Downing

David Beckham

Ashley Young

Wayne Rooney

Michael Owen

Peter Crouch

Dean Ashton

Gabriel Agbonlahor

So, basically the current England squad with an extra sprinkling of Villa players, then. <_>

I fucking hate Ricardo!!

Worked my ass off in the Euro 2008(without Rooney as he had a broken leg)beat Italy,drew with Germany in the group stages and then in the quarters I beat Spain 1-0 before Micah Richards came off the bench and scored a shock two goals in extra time against Netherlands.

In the final we have Portugal and the swarmy cunt of a goalie creates the first goal with a punt up the field, Ronaldo scores a second but Downing and Beckham bring me back into it, off to penalties and he saves all three of my penalties to knock me out:(

I don't get it. I played a game (on the demo) as United and the match engine was absolutely shite. In the sense that we couldn't score goals at all. But I left it and came back to a new game as England and I beat Israel 7-0, Estonia 4-0 and Russia 2-0.

So is the buggy match engine just a glitch you experience in some games? Oh, and how long does the demo last for?

I don't get it. I played a game (on the demo) as United and the match engine was absolutely shite. In the sense that we couldn't score goals at all. But I left it and came back to a new game as England and I beat Israel 7-0, Estonia 4-0 and Russia 2-0.

So is the buggy match engine just a glitch you experience in some games? Oh, and how long does the demo last for?

The demo is 6 months I believe.

Just lost my second Champions League final in 2 years as Man Utd, first to Inter, this time to Real Madrid. The first one wasnt so bad, it was a tight game and they won on penalties. But against Madrid, I was crippled by injuries, with Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Rooney, my newest star striker vaughn, bought from Everton, Van Der Sar, Ferdinand and Neville all out injured.

Luckily, I had a decent lead in the premiership, so even though there was a dip in form, and a bit of a tense finish, just managed to keep first place. Still, I want that champions league trophy.

Just lost my second Champions League final in 2 years as Man Utd, first to Inter, this time to Real Madrid. The first one wasnt so bad, it was a tight game and they won on penalties. But against Madrid, I was crippled by injuries, with Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Rooney, my newest star striker vaughn, bought from Everton, Van Der Sar, Ferdinand and Neville all out injured.

Luckily, I had a decent lead in the premiership, so even though there was a dip in form, and a bit of a tense finish, just managed to keep first place. Still, I want that champions league trophy.

How many did Real stick past you?

EDIT: And to answer the patch question...I haven't really tried it out properly yet, but playing with the patch is bound to be better than playing without it.

Edited by Baddar D