Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Guest clintcasey

Kreacher's there because Rowling told the producers that he'd be useful to have seeded for the 7th movie.

As for the Trelawny thing, it's entirely irrelevant. Dumbledore lets her stay at the castle because he's a nice man, not just because she made that prophecy. It's not particularly relevant in the film, so they cut it out. Big deal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its a huge deal either. It was obviously a real prophecy, because the same way it was written when she predicted that wormtail would rejoin Voldemort. She went into a trance like state in both cases (iirc) and this prophecy ended up in the Ministry. I don't think its a case of it being debateable.

They had a big fucking mountain to overcome with getting this book down to film-able length, and with a few hiccups I'd say they did a really good job. The "mistakes" I've seen referred to so far I'd say are only down to personal taste as to what was important about the book. Keep in mind that writer Michael Goldenberg had JK Rowling's hints to emphasize the important points to set them up for future films. If Trelawney's role in the prophecy was under emphasized, maybe there's a reason for that. Neville taking over some of Dobby's plot points probably has to do with the fact that the character was never once that important after the second book beyond Hermione's SPEW campaign, and was easily substituted. My only issue (and one I can't at all fault them for), is that with all they had going on, the movie may have moved too fast for some of the non-readers. The Order wasn't particularly well introduced because of this, and I suppose you could argue that the Cho-Harry relationship was really glossed over, although I'm guessing that's probably another example of a storyline minimized for lack of importance. But the 3 kids have come great lengths since the first movie, and with all they had going on it's hard to say that the film was ever boring. All in all my second favorite of the flicks, behind Cuaron's Azkaban, which was really something special.

Not to sound whiny, but how come they couldn't have a 2.5 - 3 hour movie for Order of the Phoenix? And screw the bullshit excuse like "no one wants to sit in a theater for 3 hours". Look at Titanic and Lord of the Rings, length didn't effect how much money they made.

I just finished the book and I thought it was great, my 2nd favorite in the series (just behind Goblet). I may see the movie tomorrow, thought I'm kind of worried as to what has been cut out.

I really enjoyed that movie. Must say it was a bit disappointing how they missed out things like seeing the Longbottoms in hospital or properly introducing us to the order.

However that disappointment was quickly cancelled out by the way in which the plot was so strong. I like the way that they made Umbridge such a bitch just like in the book and also how her top darkened throughout the movie kind of showing how her personality progressed.

Particularly liked the Dumbledore/Voldemort fight and the words which Voldemort tells Harry before he leaves, kind of fear inducing in the way.

Also isn't the crucio spell one of the unforgiveable curses? So shouldn't Harry be in trouble for casting it on Bellatrix?

Hmm yeh I can't level any complaints really at the movie because I can understand the reasons for cutting many things from the book.

Plus the movie did a very good job of several characters like Luna, Neville, Umbridge and Snape. (I actually felt for him when we saw the bullying in his past) And the death eaters look well cool especially Lucius with his special little wand case.

Edited by Sam

Well, i spent my money and went and sat and watched the three hour long LOTR film(s?) and hated it, and told myself that id never do it again. So maybe the money isnt always something to go on!?

And according to most that watched them they were fantastic.

In the book he was hit with the second spell of Bellatrix's which was a stream of red light, then he fell back into the veil. He never said he was dead as he fell back or what the curse was. With that said, JK confirmed he is dead I think. But it's interesting to note that Sirius was never shown dying and was not hit by the AK curse (which has a green light).