Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started a replay of FFX for the first time since it was released, I think. Just got to the blitzball cup at Luca, first real game of blitzball you get to play. Those Goers are a real bunch of cunts, eh?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

I've started a replay of FFX for the first time since it was released, I think. Just got to the blitzball cup at Luca, first real game of blitzball you get to play. Those Goers are a real bunch of cunts, eh?

Right bunch of Sol Campbells.

Did you learn the Jecht Shot and hide behind your own goalie like a good boy? :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Borscht said:

Right bunch of Sol Campbells.

Did you learn the Jecht Shot and hide behind your own goalie like a good boy? :shifty:

This. Even possible with Sphere Shot. Hide behind Keepa, wait for them to hit position, glide down the wing as close to goal as you can until:

• With Sphere Shot: Go far enough but allow nobody in your circle and you can shoot and hopefully win 1-0.
  • With Jecht Shot: Allow two opponents into your circle and shoot and you can win by basically as many Jecht Shots as the game will allow you.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Minor/silly FF16 spoiler from approximately 2/3 of the way through the game:

Spoiler

No one warned me when I entered Drake's Fang that I WOULD BE GOIN' ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER, PLAYAH.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Minor/silly FF16 spoiler from approximately 2/3 of the way through the game:

Hide contents

No one warned me when I entered Drake's Fang that I WOULD BE GOIN' ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER, PLAYAH.

Oh, I just passed that yesterday. Is it 2/3s?

Playing FF4 when I don't have access to the TV.... I didn't realize that Edward's heal ability used potion. Ugh. Also totally lost on whether or not I should give Rosa and Rydia arrows or staves (and 'using' the Ice Staff ability in combat, does like no damage)

On 13/07/2023 at 00:50, Benji said:

This. Even possible with Sphere Shot. Hide behind Keepa, wait for them to hit position, glide down the wing as close to goal as you can until:

• With Sphere Shot: Go far enough but allow nobody in your circle and you can shoot and hopefully win 1-0.
  • With Jecht Shot: Allow two opponents into your circle and shoot and you can win by basically as many Jecht Shots as the game will allow you.

This worked! Fuck them goers.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if this is an indictment of the game's quality or a good thing because I'm enjoying the comradery but my favorite parts so far have actually been delivering meals to people and helping out with stuff at the hideaway. Oh and being able to understand the Moogle :lol: 

• Like 3

I was starting to feel a little weird focusing on the side quests while all this epic stuff is happening but after I chased some hornets away from the vineyard it was like the NPC knew I was feeling odd and reminded me that they sell the wine and use the money to help feed all the branded they take in and then I was like "Fuck yeah! Bring on more hornets!" :P 

• Like 2

They're generally pretty good at tying the side quests in to the wider world's problems, and in some ways I find all the Hideaway's "gee Clive I couldn't help but notice you were passing, could you do my mundane chore for me" missions a pleasant respite.

With that said, they will do things like go straight from "Torgal needs some snacks" to "here is an emotional deep-dive into a side character's tragic backstory" without blinking an eye.

• Like 2