Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter six.

It was kinda obvious, but the whole reveal of Sazh being a dad made me smile. His kid is adorable, and the whole Chocobo thing was rad too. Oh, and the view right before and after said cutscene... holy crap.

They kind of gave it away to me when midway through battle he'd occasionally cry 'YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DADDY NOW!'.

tongue.gif

I'm getting closer to the end of Chapter 7 (which is a long chapter), and holy crap, this has not been an easy ride. The Motorcycle Enemies are insane, but as if they're not annoying enough on their own, they get paired up with the flying guys, who 3 or more off will kick the crap out of you. Keeping both Snow and Hope alive is hard as hell. Though I found the end boss to that part of the chapter to not be so bad. It took a while to kill him, but thanks to Hope having BarFire or whatever it's called + Protect & Shell, anything he did that wasn't the tail attack that shoots you into the air was made pretty much null. I'm taking a break now, because I've looked and it seems I not only have two more bosses to fight, but I also will have a few random encounters that are basically bosses themselves. (Like the fucking Orions and the motherfucking Behemoths.) Not to mention I'll still apparently have to deal with the flying guys, which I just cannot be bothered with right now.

I get the feeling I'll have hopefully this Chapter & Chapter 8 done tomorrow, as it looks like 8 might be a smaller chapter.

Chapter six.

It was kinda obvious, but the whole reveal of Sazh being a dad made me smile. His kid is adorable, and the whole Chocobo thing was rad too. Oh, and the view right before and after said cutscene... holy crap.

They kind of gave it away to me when midway through battle he'd occasionally cry 'YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DADDY NOW!'.

tongue.gif

I'm getting closer to the end of Chapter 7 (which is a long chapter), and holy crap, this has not been an easy ride. The Motorcycle Enemies are insane, but as if they're not annoying enough on their own, they get paired up with the flying guys, who 3 or more off will kick the crap out of you. Keeping both Snow and Hope alive is hard as hell. Though I found the end boss to that part of the chapter to not be so bad. It took a while to kill him, but thanks to Hope having BarFire or whatever it's called + Protect & Shell, anything he did that wasn't the tail attack that shoots you into the air was made pretty much null. I'm taking a break now, because I've looked and it seems I not only have two more bosses to fight, but I also will have a few random encounters that are basically bosses themselves. (Like the fucking Orions and the motherfucking Behemoths.) Not to mention I'll still apparently have to deal with the flying guys, which I just cannot be bothered with right now.

I get the feeling I'll have hopefully this Chapter & Chapter 8 done tomorrow, as it looks like 8 might be a smaller chapter.

Chapter 8 is much shorter, but then 9 is awesome, i haven't beat it yet, but the fights start to get longer, but in a way that its all about how you put your strategy together, oh and for a lot of it you will be happy to know you have a 3 person squad (Y)

now that I watch it, my entire complaint has been made retarded.

Funny. Not sure I agree with him on a few points (for example, I really didn't think X's story was so awful.) but a decent watch. Only problem is that it tends to take him a good month or two to make the next chapter on stuff like this.

Chapter six spoilers and speculation~!

Vanille set everything in motion. She has to be a Pulse. It will turn out they are the good guys, and they save the world...

I don't think so. I'd probably hold off judgement on that until you see the flashbacks in Chapter 7. I wouldn't say you're definitely wrong, but it seems unlikely.

A note on who're the good guys (not so much a spoiler, but there is a second tag for those who have taken on the second fal'Cie of the game...

... (chapter nine or ten, I forget which)... the good guys and the bad guys are non-existent it seems, well, they aren't, but it's a matter of perspective because...

... the fal'Cie are victims of fate just as much as the l'Cie it seems from where I've got to.

Since I still haven't bought a 360 or a PS3, I decided to replay one of the FFs I've never beaten, Final Fantasy 9. Always liked the game, but playing it again after such a long break I am wondering why people don't like this game more.

Since I still haven't bought a 360 or a PS3, I decided to replay one of the FFs I've never beaten, Final Fantasy 9. Always liked the game, but playing it again after such a long break I am wondering why people don't like this game more.

Probably something to do with the fact that it's boring and awful all at the same time. >_> Seriously, even reading up on the story on Wiki, I still have no idea what happened in that game.

Something about Furries and Eidolons and a man that looks like Sephiroth but turns out he's not even the real baddie or he is but there's an even worse one that wasn't hinted too... Bah, humbug.

Yeah, I have no idea where I'd place XIII right now on my list of favourites. tongue.gif I really do love it, but I still haven't beat it and I'm still high on having a new FF to play. Right now it's probably my second favourite, behind FFVIII.

YEAH. FFVIII IS MY FAVOURITE. I KNOW THAT IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO BITCH ABOUT FFIX NOT MAKING SENSE WHEN MY FAVOURITE IS FFVIII, BUT FUCK YOU ALL. ZELL WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP IF YOU DON'T SHOW HIM YOUR FUCKING GUNBLADE.

Speaking off, am I the only one that's noticed this series has seen the return of the Gunblade, the Whip & Hand to Hand combat? We haven't had any of those since VIII, have we?

I don't like VIII, I said it, I hate drawing, I don't like Squall, Zell is a cunt nugget, Selphie needs to die and the story is generally wank compared to other FF's. I don't like Gunblades, and because of my Zell dislike I automatically bore a grudge against Snow.

THERE I SAID IT!

I don't like VIII, I said it, I hate drawing, I don't like Squall, Zell is a cunt nugget, Selphie needs to die and the story is generally wank compared to other FF's. I don't like Gunblades, and because of my Zell dislike I automatically bore a grudge against Snow.

THERE I SAID IT!

WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO YOUR PRECIOUS FFIX! mad.gif

quina.foto.ff9.jpg