Final Fantasy

thuganomic

I can't tell if Sousa was being sarcastic earlier

I need to create a list of things I really hate and things I'm only pretending to hate.

Things That I Say Suck But Are Really Totally Awesome:

Dean Malenko

Van Helsing

The Pokemon TV series

Burger King

Things That I Say Suck That Actually Do Suck:

Low-Ki

Final Fantasy IX

Ken Anderson

People on EWB who talk about 13-year-old booty

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell if Sousa was being sarcastic earlier

I need to create a list of things I really hate and things I'm only pretending to hate.

Things That I Say Suck But Are Really Totally Awesome:

Dean Malenko

Van Helsing

The Pokemon TV series

Burger King

Things That I Say Suck That Actually Do Suck:

Low-Ki

Final Fantasy IX

Ken Anderson

People on EWB who talk about 13-year-old booty

SOMEONE ELSE ENJOYED VAN HELSING!? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif I still maintain that film was great fun.

And yeah, FFIX is the only Final Fantasy I can't bring myself to sit through playing again. I usually get as far as the forest before going '...this is fucking boring. fuck this shit.' I love FFX, but IX never ever did it for me. I've beaten it once and I don't think I've made it past the first disk ever since.

Yu Yevon.

Jecht I understand, but jesus, you needed help with the Yu Yevon fight?

No, but still, it's a strategy guide, and what good is one that doesn't give you SOME sort of strategy against the final boss, even if it's literally impossible to lose to it?

Even then, I don't even need the guides anymore. They're pretty much just bathroom reading material when I'm exceptionally bored now. >_>

Edited by TenaciousG

How to beat Yu Yevon:

1. Pound on Yu Yevon with high-level spells and attacks.

2. Don't cast a spell on yourself that will get rid of your permanent reraise status.

I've always found that casting Zombie works well, as the Yu Pagodas end up healing/damaging it.

Same thing works with BFA.

Guides are always good reading on the toliet even if it's a case of looking at the side quests and going 'well, sod that!'

On the X front, I just attacked Yu Yevon with physical attacks. I'm a simple fellow :blush:

Each of the games has their own moment like that for me. In 7, it's the fights against Ruby and Emerald Weapons, in 8, it's the fight against Omega Weapon, in IX it's both Ozma (though I have played Chocobo Hot & Cold enough to be able to fight it) and getting Excalibur II.

10 takes the cake, however, with some of the sidequests needed to get the sigils and crests to activate certain party members' Celestial Weapons. I know for a fact that unless I get a legitimate reward out of it, I'll likely never get Kimahri's Spirit Lance, let alone the items needed to power it up.

And on that note, I did not know that John DiMaggio also did Kimahri's voice in FFX. I knew he was Wakka, and maybe a few side characters, but that was about it.

Edited by TenaciousG

How to beat Yu Yevon:

1. Pound on Yu Yevon with high-level spells and attacks.

2. Don't cast a spell on yourself that will get rid of your permanent reraise status.

I've always found that casting Zombie works well, as the Yu Pagodas end up healing/damaging it.

Same thing works with BFA.

Guides are always good reading on the toliet even if it's a case of looking at the side quests and going 'well, sod that!'

On the X front, I just attacked Yu Yevon with physical attacks. I'm a simple fellow :blush:

Each of the games has their own moment like that for me. In 7, it's the fights against Ruby and Emerald Weapons, in 8, it's the fight against Omega Weapon, in IX it's both Ozma (though I have played Chocobo Hot & Cold enough to be able to fight it) and getting Excalibur II.

10 takes the cake, however, with some of the sidequests needed to get the sigils and crests to activate certain party members' Celestial Weapons. I know for a fact that unless I get a legitimate reward out of it, I'll likely never get Kimahri's Spirit Lance, let alone the items needed to power it up.

And on that note, I did not know that John DiMaggio also did Kimahri's voice in FFX. I knew he was Wakka, and maybe a few side characters, but that was about it.

Who's Ultimate Weapon required you to dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row? That was the one I'm never going near. I also remember being insanly pissed off that I couldn't get Tidus' best weapon because I didn't get the Sun Sigal (or whatever) whe I first washed up on Besaid

Okay, time for the big question:

Which Final Fantasy had the best mini-game? I'd have to say X, I loved Blitzball. So. Much. Damn. Fun. Well once you shout down the voice in your head asking 'How can they breath underwater? Why can only Tidus, Wakka and Rikku do it?'

Okay, time for the big question:

Which Final Fantasy had the best mini-game? I'd have to say X, I loved Blitzball. So. Much. Damn. Fun. Well once you shout down the voice in your head asking 'How can they breath underwater? Why can only Tidus, Wakka and Rikku do it?'

I'm terrible at Blitzball. It's why I've never got Wakka's Ultimate Weapon. As for mini games, I love the Chocobo Racing one in X. I don't know why though.

And Clawson, as far I'm aware there's only one trophy for beating an individual enemy, which is something called a Wandering Behemoth. All the other trophies are story related, to do with mastering the Paradigms and there's 3 others that're something like deal 100,000 damage, gain information on 100 enemies and obtain all weapons/accessories.

Once I got the hang of it, Triple Triad became pretty fun. IX's card game was a little lacking, but Chocobo Hot and Cold made up for it by being decently fun AND giving you great stuff far ahead of whenever you would get it originally. Blitzball was good too, but fuck the Psyches.

Overall, I'd go with Chocobo H+C as my favorite minigame.

And Clawson, as far I'm aware there's only one trophy for beating an individual enemy, which is something called a Wandering Behemoth. All the other trophies are story related, to do with mastering the Paradigms and there's 3 others that're something like deal 100,000 damage, gain information on 100 enemies and obtain all weapons/accessories.

He's gonna be a bitch to beat then probably. I'm trying to avoid reading the Trophies right now but it's damn hard.

He's gonna be a bitch to beat then probably. I'm trying to avoid reading the Trophies right now but it's damn hard.

Same.

As for fav mini game? The Card Game in VIII, it is wonderful. Followed by....Blitzball in X. In X-2 it can go suck a nut.