Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from tracks and characters, the others are a little too vague though. There's like a billion moments that you could pick from. >_> Places might be a little too varied as well. Characters, Tracks, Summons and maybe Villains?

You could always split Characters into "Top 10 Heroes" and "Top 10 Villains" in order to incorporate it - to me, there's enough to choose from in either camp. Admittedly, you may have a point about the quantity of places and moments you could choose - I didn't really accommodate the people who've played most, if not all, FF games. How about a "Top 10 Worst Characters" list as well? I think that could bring about some interesting choices - plus, I'd get to ridicule the fuck out of Brahne, which is always fun. :w00t:

EDIT: Personally, I'm not too frigged about summons, but I'd probably vote in it all the same if it was started. :P

Edited by badotori

Just got to the Garif village. Aside from Basch, everyone is about level 20.

Basch however is level 25, armed with a hammer and is beating the shit out of everything around him. My party is just Basch and two others, swapping people in and out to keep their levels the same, while Basch owns everything.

So when they said 'somepoint in January' they were lying their arses off? Or does their defination of 'January' differ from mine?

Unless, January has just bought the first four days of Feb and decided to keep the name the same as to not create confusion. That would explain why Feb only gets 28 days in the first place, they had to sell them to pay the bills. The Credit even effects months it seems.

Wow look at that tangent I went off on.

So when they said 'somepoint in January' they were lying their arses off? Or does their defination of 'January' differ from mine?

Unless, January has just bought the first four days of Feb and decided to keep the name the same as to not create confusion. That would explain why Feb only gets 28 days in the first place, they had to sell them to pay the bills. The Credit even effects months it seems.

It's only four days. :P You're lucky you aren't a fan of Dragon Age. I've been waiting for DLC that was announced for Xmas >_>

It's only four days. :P You're lucky you aren't a fan of Dragon Age. I've been waiting for DLC that was announced for Xmas >_>

It's the princible of the thing! Plus I just beat VII and need another Final Fantasy on my PSP.

Somewhere a Duke Nukem fan is going 'Oh you poor babies, waiting since Xmas? Try 12 years!!' before starting to cry.

It's the princible of the thing! Plus I just beat VII and need another Final Fantasy on my PSP.

Somewhere a Duke Nukem fan is going 'Oh you poor babies, waiting since Xmas? Try 12 years!!' before starting to cry.

Get Tactics! Or better yet Vagrant Story.

On the subject of Final Fantasy music - Team Teamwork, they of The Ocarina Of Rhyme, are now working their magic on "Vinyl Fantasy 7" - including MF Doom mixed with Barrett's theme, and Kool Keith & Tom Waits with the Final Fantasy Prelude. Find it, I would imagine, in the usual places...

• 2 weeks later...
Square Enix confirms...

Square Enix has confirmed that Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII will consist of three DVDs, meaning gamers will have to swap discs twice throughout the game. The PS3 version will still be on one Blu-Ray disc.

Not really news, but hey....I actually like the swapping out of the disks. Reminds me of VII/VIII/IX. 5 weeks until it is in my hands!

Anyone bought or played Crystal Defenders? Downloaded it for the PS3 over the weekend and it is beautifully addictive. Doesn't seem much at first, merely a less complex form of Tactics, but it's one of those games that gets in your head very quickly. There's only six units to choose from, but the permutations are seemingly endless for how you can use them. Highly recommended - should keep you occupied until XIII comes out anyway tongue.gif.

Edited by badotori

To be fair, it's not like FF being linear is anything new. The whole series has lost some of what made it less linear ever since they got rid of the World Map system. I love me FFX, but apart from a few games in the Calm Lands, it's not really like we had any reason to fly back to any of the old places and it's not as if it was anywhere near as interesting with the Airship taking you straight to your destination.

Though from what I understand of the storyline, I don't think that being able to travel back to certain areas would make much sense anyway...

Then again, I'm probably just still bitter about the lack of the flyable Airship. :(