Final Fantasy

thuganomic

So, who remembers this?

Me and a few of my friends in school used to be obsessed with this when we were much younger. I still think of the lyrics "I may have a shallow mind, but you can kiss my behind!" every time I hear anything resembling the chocobo theme.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that's just the NTSC one and we get our usual white background with logo cover in the EU. It just never feels right to have anything more than the logo on the box art of a Final Fantasy game.

Can't see it not being the usual white background, the US version have usually had characters on it. I agree though I think it looks a lot more classy with the white background and logo.

I hope that's just the NTSC one and we get our usual white background with logo cover in the EU. It just never feels right to have anything more than the logo on the box art of a Final Fantasy game.

Can't see it not being the usual white background, the US version have usually had characters on it. I agree though I think it looks a lot more classy with the white background and logo.

It's kind've tradition as well, it's something that I've always associated with FF.

Speaking off, I watched the trailer for FFXIII on a HDTV the other day... ohmygodohmygodohmygodo! So good...!

Edit: Is 13 out in Japan yet?

Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIII sold one million copies in its first day of sales in Japan, a pretty stunning number considering only 4 million PS3s have even been sold in Japan, meaning many who bought FFXIII likely bought the PS3 system with it. FFXIII is now the best selling PS3 game ever in Japan and the only one to cross the one million mark.

Pfft. I hope to God that the US sales are just as good, just to prove some Microsoft douche (who said Halo Reach would be the biggest game of 2010) wrong. I mean, I own a 360, but the Halo series is so goddamn overrated it's ridiculous.

And to any FFVIII fans who don't have the game but have a PSP or PS3, they released it on PSN yesterday.

Edited by TenaciousG

Some thirdparty resleller is selling Final Fantasy 3 for the Nintendo DS for just 6,80GBP at Amazon.co.uk.

I advise you to buy this game even if you do not own a Nintendo DS. - I don´t know about the 3d Grafiks they used, but all in all this is the first english releas of the game (to my knowledge) and will sell for a TON of monney once they sell out.

The german releases of FF Origens, Anthology and 6 for the PSOne can go for over a 100€, dossent look like that in the UK but it will happen.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-III-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000NNOC2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261406392&sr=8-1

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

For anyone else that was hoping we'd get an abundance of Trophies, sorry to let you down: (Just to note, there's nothing too spoilery here, just a couple details about certain gameplay elements.)

Bronze

Assault Ruby – Master the Attacker Role

Destruction Sapphire – Master the Blaster Role

Guardian Topaz – Master the Defender Role

Hex Jade – Master the Jammer Role

Inspiration Amethyst – Master the Enhancer Role

Healing Emerald – Master the Healer Role

Silver

Limit Breaker – Deal over 100,000 damage to an enemy

Behemoth Hunter – Slay a wandering behemoth

Perfect Diamond – Learn all abilities to the fullest

Gold

Collector of All Things – Collect all weapons and accessories

The All Knowing Sage – Gain the complete knowledge of 100 different enemies

There are also 16 other Bronze Trophies which seem to be related to the story.

There are also 16 hidden trophies for the game.

So not bad I suppose, but I was hoping there'd be a plenty of minigames in the same vein as Final Fantasy X which could use the trophies. I'd quite like to be able to race Chocobos again like in either 7 or 10. I don't know, I just was hoping we'd get a variety of fun little "Collect 20 of these!" "Beat this Boss in under 10 minutes!" kind've things. I like those sort of Trophies, I feel they add something to the game, as opposed to ones like "Beat Chapter 1", seeing as I've brought the game I was probably planning on doing that anyway. >_>

Though from this we do learn that... (No real story spoilers)

There's a Beastiary Mode, what I'd assume is an Omega Weapon type boss that randomly appears in certain areas called a "Wandering Behemoth" and that you can break the Damage Limit once again.

• Like 1

They all sound more like Time Consuming/Have to play the game again with a different style trophies. Which I don't mind, if this is even half as good as I think it'll be I'll probably start a new save the minute after I beat my first playthrough, I just kind've wish there were a few simple challenge ones, as those're the sort of trophies I feel actually add to a game.

Also am I the only one that's never really found Break Damage Limit to be all that worth it? I mean, by the time you can actually get it, you'll only be doing barely above the regular limit and you'll probably have already beaten most of the game, so it'll only be worth using against some kind of hidden boss (Hello Penance). It's like a less fun Ultimate Weapon. Also here's hoping for the return of either a World Map or something closer to FFX. I can't really remember what FFXII used, but I remember not liking it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, as ridiculous as this sounds, how on Earth do I upgrade my character classes in Final Fantasy I. I have a huge cache of weapons and armour that I can't use yet because they're still only in their original classes, and that's not to mention the magic I can't get yet. >_>