Final Fantasy

thuganomic

On 30/05/2023 at 07:41, Ruki said:

I got stuck in FF1, trying to figure out where to go after the Earth Shrine (then again after the fire, and then what to do with the levistone)... thankfully I then found my grove and upgraded my classes, spent all my money on magic and now in the sunken shrine. I found an item for my white mage to cast heal every turn, and an item for my black mage to cast thundara every turn. No more 10hp damaging hits!

I must say. I do love the ability to turn off random encounters. Would have made all the above way more annoying. 

You're not the only one who got lost multiple times, it's crazy how little direction it gives you. Plus the encounter rate at time was crazy. Quite like upping the experience points and Gil so don't have to bother grinding too.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Captain Kirk said:

You're not the only one who got lost multiple times, it's crazy how little direction it gives you. Plus the encounter rate at time was crazy. Quite like upping the experience points and Gil so don't have to bother grinding too.

Does upping the exp and gil lock you out of any trophies?

• Like 1

Just about done with FF1. I managed to 1-Hit kill Tiamat (First turn: Haste, Temper and Saber on Blackbelt. Second turn: Punch). Also managed to take down Warmech!

I think I am close to every trophy except the bestiary, where I am missing a bunch of monsters, and I don't think I can be arsed to go through it. 

@Benji, having played through 2 recently, do you recommend turning on the leveling boosters for the weird leveling system?

I only really needed them for the final push. Because of the way the levelling works, you can't master them until the end game anyway. Just focus on levelling cure, keeping at least one person with the same weapon type, and filling your bestiary then you should be fine.

• Like 1

I just discovered you can level up spells and attacks by wailing on your own party. Set it to auto-battle, and just wait a few minutes. 

So it would be wise to keep one weapon type per character? I switched Firion to Spear, and have Guy on Axe-Sword dual wielding. 

Nah, just the one character needs it assuming you are going for platinum. Keep in mind though that with the way levelling works (you gain no weapon experience from wailing on lower ranked monsters) that you literally can't max out weapons until the final stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Nah, just the one character needs it assuming you are going for platinum. Keep in mind though that with the way levelling works (you gain no weapon experience from wailing on lower ranked monsters) that you literally can't max out weapons until the final stretch.

What about beating on yourself? Or does it game into account the monster you're facing?

1 minute ago, damhausen said:

That is going to be a lot of ground covered.

To be fair, a lot of Remake that wasn't part of the OG felt like side quest filler in order to make it feel like a bigger game, so my hope is that this is a bit stronger with the pacing, maybe with stuff like monster hunts across the world as you go and the like.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Looks like Northern Crater is our end point for part 2, and the Whispers may just be this version of the Sepiroth clones at a guess from near end of the trailer. Hyped!

This looks so good!