Final Fantasy

thuganomic

A bunch of people I LARP with play, so I bought the game to join them. Took me a week to be able to get on their server.

And honestly? Most of the game will be done solo. We just have a chat room, they offer advice, hang out (basically showing off their cool shit while I farm some stuff), and help run dungeons (the game will level them down) with me.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Benji said:

How much is "most"? Is every enemy do-able solo?

Pretty much everything that isn't a dungeon or guildleve (a mini-dungeon) can be done solo. Even as a healer. I did the free trial as a healer, got to level 20 no problem. And when you do need to do those dungeons? You end up in a queue, and it will pair you with people so you don't need to go out of your way to find others if you don't want to. 

Currently I am playing an archer (to become a bard...which is a DPS class, oddly enough)....I've only died once and it was because I was stupid and took on too much aggro from nearby monsters. But if you fight things your level (or just slightly above), you'll be fine. 

Also, just by walking around you'll be invited to FCs (Free Companies...basically guilds) where you can meet some people as well. 

• Like 2

Decided to impulse-purchase some new computer games to make myself feel better. One of those games was FFXV (because, I can only presume, I must subconsciously hate myself).

But it's all worked out! During the ~hour that the game has been installing itself/downloading an update/installing that update/etc., I've got some nice reading done. Good work, FFXV!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Played FFXV for the first time in awhile and got to Chapter 12. Chapter 11 is so short that I accidentally finished it when I really was just looking for a save spot. I spent a lot of time on a couple of side quests to the point where I just gave up. I hate dungeons that have 15 different paths to go in and it's easy to get lost and go around in circles so I probably will not end up beating the dungeons or doing a couple of quests just because of that.

So I stayed up way past when I should have last night to beat XV and though I was excited, I don't actually feel it was worth that excitement. I mean it was fun and I enjoyed it much more than XIII but it just felt flat. The story was very blase, the side quests didn't really mean much to the game itself (which I didn't completely finish by the way) and honestly there wasn't a single boss battle that required any strategy really outside of hack and slash.

Even the final cut scenes, as touching as they might have been, felt off as well. I'm kind of glad that I'm not really a trophy hunter because I'm not sure that I'll want to replay it again, especially with so many other games laying on my "Not completed" shelf.

So the re-release of XII is out this week, its one of the FF games I've never played, as I switched over to a 360 a few months before it came out on PS2.   I'm hearing some people love it and some people are kind of lukewarm on it.  How does EWB feel about it?

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

So the re-release of XII is out this week, its one of the FF games I've never played, as I switched over to a 360 a few months before it came out on PS2.   I'm hearing some people love it and some people are kind of lukewarm on it.  How does EWB feel about it?

It's a fantastic game for scenery, interesting characters, a great world, and a wonderful soundtrack, but for a game... the gameplay ain't great. I'm hoping the Zodiac Age changes to the gameplay make it more fun, but honestly the gameplay was not fun at all for me when in battle.

I never really got very far with it. The departure from turn-based combat was a shock that I struggled to deal with. The story was okay (in a lol Star Wars kind of way), but not enough to motivate me to fight through my gameplay issues.

IIRC, I completely ditched it the moment Disgaea 2 came out. :shifty: