Final Fantasy

thuganomic

15 hours ago, Ollie said:

Found a newspaper in the game that said Lady Whatshername's wedding dress was being designed by Vivienne Westwood and that might just be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as me and this game is concerned.

This is far and away the least Final Fantasy Final Fantasy game I've ever played and I don't like it one bit.

Bah humbug. :(

Oh. I never knew that was a real person, I just figured it was someone big in universe. That's stupid as fuck.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really that common when it comes to the type of game Final Fantasy is, and when it happens in other cases it blends in and makes sense - shifting advertisements on sports games and other uses like that tend to blend in. Sometimes it's just laughable because it's DLC that no one would possibly want but in the case of Final Fantasy where they're trying to immerse you in a different world - and in this case, trying very hard to with lore and other aspects that put you in character... having stuff like that just pulls you out of the world. The only other time it was a paid placement was that shitty Panasonic phone in Advent Children.

I hate the entire idea of Chapters in these games. I feel like each time I end a chapter, it takes me out of the whole experience. Why can't we just have a smooth transitioning game rather than broken up with chapters?

• Like 2

Yeah, I dunno. I think I'm done.. after coming back to the game and playing up to the little bit I had before Chapter 13 I've just soured on it more and more. Gameplay segments that had almost zero purpose never really stopped happening... I get it that they're travelling on a train, but why am I wasting time just wandering around it? It feels like padding and so much of the game felt like padding. Doing side quests didn't really get me anything, systems exist in the game that are left to the very end to pay off... I just don't think I'm going to get anything more out of it.

7 hours ago, apsham said:

Yeah, I dunno. I think I'm done.. after coming back to the game and playing up to the little bit I had before Chapter 13 I've just soured on it more and more. Gameplay segments that had almost zero purpose never really stopped happening... I get it that they're travelling on a train, but why am I wasting time just wandering around it? It feels like padding and so much of the game felt like padding. Doing side quests didn't really get me anything, systems exist in the game that are left to the very end to pay off... I just don't think I'm going to get anything more out of it.

Your'e so close to the end though. At least get to the ending!

I have a new least favourite thing about this game! Seemingly every time I'm fighting a group of monsters, a bunch of imperials get dropped in the exact same location, making fighting them all at once seemingly impossible.

I feel like every time I'm starting to enjoy myself, something else crops up. It's certainly the weakest Final Fantasy game I've ever played, even worse than XIII's long empty corridor simulator.

5 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I have a new least favourite thing about this game! Seemingly every time I'm fighting a group of monsters, a bunch of imperials get dropped in the exact same location, making fighting them all at once seemingly impossible.

I feel like every time I'm starting to enjoy myself, something else crops up. It's certainly the weakest Final Fantasy game I've ever played, even worse than XIII's long empty corridor simulator.

This point times a hundred, just so bloody annoying and happens all the time.

I didn't even think of keeping thunder spells. That would be the smartest thing I guess. I finally got to Chapter 5 but honestly I've got so many side quests on the go that I don't really want to go any further until I finish a lot of them. Then again, until I get the damn car back, I don't really want to do side quests either.

7 minutes ago, Fork 2016 said:

I didn't even think of keeping thunder spells. That would be the smartest thing I guess. I finally got to Chapter 5 but honestly I've got so many side quests on the go that I don't really want to go any further until I finish a lot of them. Then again, until I get the damn car back, I don't really want to do side quests either.

If I remember correctly, you can't really do sidequests in Chapter 5. It is a short chapter though.

Reading up on Fortress (the FFXII spin-off that looked awesome) and why it was cancelled. Square-Enix come across really shitty:

Square Enix had changed its mind, and no longer liked the Nordic style of this spin-off game, so a last-minute style change was attempted.[2] The game had been such a well-guarded secret, and had been through so many changes, that most employees did not know they had been working on a Final Fantasy game until very late in development.[7] Grin attempted to change the art style to fit more with traditional Final Fantasy games, but still did not receive any positive feedback. In response, Grin sent Square Enix an image of one of the latter's own games, Final Fantasy XII, and were told that it does not look like a game in Final Fantasy's style.[2][17] Following that exchange, Grin came to the conclusion that there was no longer any way to satisfy the publisher.[2]

• Like 1