Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to an older save, lost an hours worth of work. Good job I do manual staggered saves though. Pissed me off to no end. After 13 fucking years bugs this big should not exist. Infuriating.

For warning for anyone - it seems that the side quest with the behemoth did it (you'll know the one by the quest name, so no spoilers). Gauging from Google, any quest with stealth parts seems to have varying major issues (including one where you get stuck in stealth, making the game literally impossible to play).

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Considering it's meant to be relaxing, fishing is the most infuriating side game ever <_<

Do it every chance you get though, I'm assuming you're still into trophies? Don't be like me and be left grinding fishing when everything else was done ages ago :/ 

9 hours ago, Avenged said:

Do it every chance you get though, I'm assuming you're still into trophies? Don't be like me and be left grinding fishing when everything else was done ages ago :/ 

I'm doing it every so often, but it's still lagging behind other stats. Not nearly enough fishing spots for my liking.

Started playing it last night, only the tutorial and first 20 minutes or so but my first and at this stage only thought about the whole thing is that this just isn't Final Fantasy and we're probably never going to get another proper Final Fantasy.

That's not a judgment on the game itself because the game itself might be great, it's just I know already that it's not Final Fantasy. :(

9 hours ago, Ollie said:

Started playing it last night, only the tutorial and first 20 minutes or so but my first and at this stage only thought about the whole thing is that this just isn't Final Fantasy and we're probably never going to get another proper Final Fantasy.

That's not a judgment on the game itself because the game itself might be great, it's just I know already that it's not Final Fantasy. :(

It's not but I feel like story wise, it's the closest we've gotten in awhile. It may be because VIII was my favourite game out of the entire series, but I liken it more to that than any other game. I'm only on Chapter 3 because I've spent more time doing side quests than the actual main story which is pretty damn fun in itself, except for those fucking red frogs!

10 hours ago, Benji said:

I'm doing it every so often, but it's still lagging behind other stats. Not nearly enough fishing spots for my liking.

I take it back, you can max fishing pretty quickly. Once you get good equipment and get the knack down, it's really easy. 

Survival is the worst. Just use the car, Chocobos and fast travel as little as possible and you'll be fine though.

2 hours ago, Avenged said:

I take it back, you can max fishing pretty quickly. Once you get good equipment and get the knack down, it's really easy. 

Survival is the worst. Just use the car, Chocobos and fast travel as little as possible and you'll be fine though.

Survival has been my easiest one. Mainly because I'm looking for a god damn rusted bolt to upgrade one of my weapons and do a quest for Sid. Plus I tend to walk a lot of places anyway just to see what I can see.

Cooking has got to be my worst because I don't camp. I go back and pay for sleeping so that I can get the extra experience points.

9 hours ago, Avenged said:

See, I camped at every opportunity and only went to a hotel if I had a lot of exp stacked up and I was still about 10 levels higher than I needed to be for the last mission.

I must not be doing enough battles then because I'm only at like lvl 20 and I'm on chapter 3. I feel like that's not high enough yet.

I'm really struggling to find the want to get back into the game after being away from it a bit - even after the big stuff coming from Chapter 9. Every time I think of it, I think of the camping system and the fishing system and how all of it feels a bit more forced than it probably should. Everything is an event and is well done in that respect, but all it serves to do on that end for me is point out how little else there is to do in the game.

• Like 1

Aye. Open world's are great, but if all you can do in it is fix 20 odd idiots cars with a bought item then why bother? So far I've been a bit underwhelmed by the world. Ivalice would have been a wonderful place to set an open world game. Such beautiful history and architecture. Can't wait for FFXII remaster to see it all again, wasn't a fan of gambits but the world was jaw dropping gorgeous and well crafted.

Found a newspaper in the game that said Lady Whatshername's wedding dress was being designed by Vivienne Westwood and that might just be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as me and this game is concerned.

This is far and away the least Final Fantasy Final Fantasy game I've ever played and I don't like it one bit.

Bah humbug. :(

• Like 1