Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how much this will effect us, at least in the short term. Hopefully this new guy really liked the older FF's. >_>

I'm kind of not surprised Enix isn't seeing great sales in EU and US. Pretty much every game they publish comes out for like, £10-20 less than most triple A titles. Which is weird, because all of those games could've easily justifed £40 at least. (Thinking Hitman, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider) Not to mention outside of those games, their big titles have been stuff like XIII-2, which isn't going to appeal to anyone that didn't play XIII.

I like to think that the Kingdom Hearts spin offs are all some kind of troll. You load up the game and it's just a picture of Mickey Mouse giving you the finger or something. I mean, for all the confusion they add to the convoluted story, that'd probably be an improvement. >_>

Squenix president steps down. Big news coming out of the company this last month or so, hopefully that's a good thing, especially since it was about 2000 when he became president, and it's around that time that the company started going downhill.

It's interesting because despite the "core" of the company, Final Fantasy, seemingly going downhill they've had their hands in so many great games. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider off the top of my head. They're now a much better video game company as a whole than they were 13 years ago, but what they used to excel in they now don't.

I'll say this for FFXIII - Chapter 12 is awesome.

All the chaos and people in the streets along with the destruction between Cocoon forces and the ferals from Pulse in Eden is amazing. They should have focused more on this kind of stuff throughout. Heck, they could have done it in Laguna-esque flashbacks to the war of transgression using Vanille and Fang.

Oh, and the X/X-2 remasters are "70% complete"

Squenix president steps down. Big news coming out of the company this last month or so, hopefully that's a good thing, especially since it was about 2000 when he became president, and it's around that time that the company started going downhill.

It's interesting because despite the "core" of the company, Final Fantasy, seemingly going downhill they've had their hands in so many great games. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider off the top of my head. They're now a much better video game company as a whole than they were 13 years ago, but what they used to excel in they now don't.

It´s less of a problem with the president. Most of the classic FF developers just left square after X.

You guys get to join us Europeans in our anger in having to deal with Dark Valefor if you want to go back and get Auron's final overdrive. I always forget to get it in time. :(

Isn't that just a simple case of backtracking when you get to the Calm Lands in order to avoid it?

Yeah, but I never remember to do it before the cut off point. I don't usually start looking at getting all this stuff until that final stretch of game before you take on Sin, which is usually just after the Aeons show up. So you can't get back into Besaid unless you're prepared to take on Dark Valefor, who blocks your entry.

Yeah, but I never remember to do it before the cut off point. I don't usually start looking at getting all this stuff until that final stretch of game before you take on Sin, which is usually just after the Aeons show up. So you can't get back into Besaid unless you're prepared to take on Dark Valefor, who blocks your entry.

On a scale of 1-10, how hard is Dark Valefor for a party with average levelling for that point in the game?

Just picked up Dimensions for my phone, damn, Ive only played the epilogue and first dungeon of Chapter 1 but this is classic old school FF so far. Cant wait to unlock the job system.

Anyone else got this? Im interested to know how many hours I can expect out of it.