Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KH is most definitely not a time eater. It's about 20 hours long if that. Play in moderation and you're fine, which is true to all games, but is good advice none the less. You only have to play a few hours a day and you could have KH beaten in a week.

FFXII... yeah, that's where things become a little more problematic. For me, it takes to around the 70 hour mark just to get to the final battle. Of course, if you don't level grind and get all the best equipment when you can get it, then you could cut it down to 50. Once again, playing in moderation is advisable, but doing that could mean you will be playing for a month or more. Set a whole day aside if you're able to, just so you can play the game.

Oblivion, I've never played simply cause I'm not interested so I can't really give advice on the subject.

It has a huge amount of gameplay to it as well, I'm 55 hours in and still have a hell of a lot of the marks to do let alone the Hunt club or the secret espers which I haven't even begun yet bar the two which I accidently stumbled across.

I think it took me until I was about 7 or 8 hours into FFXII to start despising it with every fibre of my soul.

I've been into why before, so I shan't bother again. But needless to say my swapping of the game for my friend's copy of FFIX played right into my hands.

Edited by stokeriño

It has a huge amount of gameplay to it as well, I'm 55 hours in and still have a hell of a lot of the marks to do let alone the Hunt club or the secret espers which I haven't even begun yet bar the two which I accidently stumbled across.

I'm 110 hours in, and I've still got 3 hunts, 7 espers and about 15 weapons to get. I refuse to ever finish it until Yiazmat shakes my hand and says "Good Game, Good Game."

I'm 110 hours in, and I've still got 3 hunts, 7 espers and about 15 weapons to get. I refuse to ever finish it until Yiazmat shakes my hand and says "Good Game, Good Game."

Yeah, the Zodiac Spear is mine, and it's beautiful. Zodiac Spear + Bravery + Haste + Berserk + Genji Armour = 9,999 per hit, and a hit every 4 seconds. It's brutal.

All of my characters are mid 70s, which I've decided is the most annoying level you can be at in FFXII, on one hand you're too powerful to be leveling up in any of the normal places that are good for levelling up (the Zombies attack in Golmore, Cerobi Steppe, Giruvegan, the upper levels of Pharos) but you're not at a high enough level to be at places like Henne Mines or Pharos Subterra. So levelling up takes forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Where is Gilgamesh at? I'm just going through the Pharos at the moment, Ashe is pulling me through with her level 60 and Zodiac Spear whooping arse pretty much on its own. The other party members are seriously weak in comparison to her.

Where is Gilgamesh at? I'm just going through the Pharos at the moment, Ashe is pulling me through with her level 60 and Zodiac Spear whooping arse pretty much on its own. The other party members are seriously weak in comparison to her.

He's the "Man Of Mystery" mark that Montblanc petitions. You have to fight him twice in the depths of the Lhusu (IIRC) Mines. The first time you fight him he's piss easy, but the second time he's a bastard. If you steal from him, you'll get the Genji Armour, Helm, Shield and Gloves. Two of them in fight #1, the other two in the latter fight. They're well worth getting as although there's armour that's stronger, I'd say they're easily the best set in the entire game, as each of them increases the ability for multiple/critical hits, increases your ability to evade and also does something else nifty that I can't quite remember, as it's been a while since I played.

Throw the entire set on a high level Penelo with a dagger or ninja sword, and you've got a super-fast killing machine who can't be touched.

Fuck Ashe. Basch with Save the Queen + Haste + Bravery = GNARKILLMACHINE!

The Save The Queen is possibly the fittest sword in the whole game, as it's just so damn simple and powerful.

Sorry about the double post, but I'm wanting some motivation to get back into FFXII, as I'm at the awkward stage of leveling up which is quite dull, and I need some shove into doing it so I can finally beat the game...

So to do this, I'll get some discussion going; what's everyone's favourite boss battle in the FF series?

Yeah, Boss Scorpion (or was it Battle Scorpion (or was it something completely different?)) was fantastic, it was my first FF game, and I remember being in all these battles, and another one came up with new music and I knew it'd be something cool. In fact, VII had some amazing bosses in it. All the Jenova's (especially Life, with the sublime Aerith death music stands out most of all) and the two headed dragon on disc 2 were brilliant (as well as brilliantly hard). But the two from VII that really take all the points are Rufus, just because Rufus was the greatest sub-plot bad-guy ever, and Diamond Weapon, just for watching him lug his way towards Midgar in a pissed off, drunken swagger.

Sigh... thanks Clawson, I have no want to play XII now, just VII. :P