Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. I really do like this game, but I'm having such a hard time getting myself to sit down and actually finish it. I'm one boss away from finishing Chapter 11 but I just feel so irritated by the lack of anywhere decent to grind. I blame the fact that you have to wait for respawns and the fact that there's no such thing as easy enemies later in the game, which is really hurting it for me. Maybe it's just me, but part of the fun of FF's for me were always spending a few hours grinding away, running around in circles and beating fairly easy enemies for low-ish exp. It took time, but it was easy and made it much easier to prepare for future boss fights and the next part of the game. With FFXIII, I feel like that's been taken away from me and the game suffers more and more for it the longer you play.

I really hope they ditch the thing with enemies walking around on the map in the next instalment, I really do miss the random battles.

In Chapter 13 there is a decent spot.

Like....right before the final boss fight, you fight the previous two bosses as regular enemies....and since you already know the best way to beat them, an easy 36k. So kill'em, go save, reload.

For a game with such cinematic storytelling and cut scenes, that ending was nowhere near as good as I expected. :/

An enjoyable game though, I can't believe I've put nearly 60 hours in, so I guess it's been money well spent. I really want to go back and finish the missions and whatnot now, but damn this game cranks up the difficulty for some of the fights ridiculously (Giant Cactuar, much?). I think I need certain weapons or equipment to do them, but have neither the knowledge or desire to do it.

Yeah, the ending was awful. At first I was just confused, considering I've seen it twice now, had a couple weeks to reflect on it, and still don't know what happened, I think it sucked. The rest of the storyline was awesome though, in particular Chapter 8. I feel like we should have gotten a datalog entry explaining the ending.

I liked the pacing as far as leveling up. Without grinding, I always felt challenged (except by the final boss battle, which is par for the course for FF), but never felt that anything was impossible at my current level, until after I beat the game. I've always hated grinding in any RPG, I'm glad I didn't have to in this one. Although considering it took me about 25 minutes to kill the Chapter 11 boss, maybe I should have.

Ah, gameshark, I had completely forgotten about those. I remember when I was really young I couldn't beat Matereia Keeper on 7 so I tried to gameshark it; little did I know that using a gameshark on a game you already started corrupted the data. I was so pissed for a 10 year old.

Ah, gameshark, I had completely forgotten about those. I remember when I was really young I couldn't beat Matereia Keeper on 7 so I tried to gameshark it; little did I know that using a gameshark on a game you already started corrupted the data. I was so pissed for a 10 year old.

I wanted to do that when I faced the Demon Wall, until I realized that everyone in the back row + Aerith healing + (Cloud + Long Range Materia) = not getting killed by his full-party attack. <_<