Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the game... i am sorry but the story is not good and the difficulty must be one of the by fare easyest i have ever played. I hope there are some bigger chalanges left in the post game hacking and slaying. Maybe they could have gotten it a bit harder if there were more members of your party fighting, if only in a switch system like FF12 had... i like puzzeling towards winning a battle. But seriusly, i did not even level one pice of equipment besides two weapons. :shifty:

Maybe versus gets better, sounds like they are planing to do more than a FFX-2 Spice Girl Fanservice and a more classic aproach than FF13.

I didn't like the game much myself either. A lot of the game was kinda breezed through just by hitting A repeatedly on Auto-Attack. The story I thought was pretty good though, some horrendously cliched moments, but I actually understood it, and that's more than can be said for XII. This isn't to say its a bad game, just I kinda got swept up by the hype and couldn't really see it for the game it was until completion. To me it's a barely above average experience, with the graphics alone pretty much saving it.

I ignored the story of FF12 compledly, i just loved running aroun and killing stuff. (never finished the game, loved the open enviorement, the Missions were a lot more fun, if just becaus they involved interaction with the bountyhunters)

I don´t know about FF13, it´s very easy to level up so i might still max out my states, but i only got about 10 Missions left, no idea if i will go on after i finished them. (is the superboss one of the missions?)

Just picked up FFXIII yesterday and starting to play now.

With everything that people have learnt in the past few days with the game - what's most important to know, that they don't flat out tell you off the bat? I saw people talking about selling weapon,s etc....

Do NOT sell any components unless it says "Can be sold for a premium"

A lot of character's stats do get pretty average after a while. The exception is HP, but I'd take better STR/MAG stats over better HP any day of the week.

Here are my current characters' base stats (i.e. without big juicy weapon bonuses, and in the middle of Chapter 11):

Lightning

STR 689

MAG 695

HP 4355

Fang

STR 811

MAG 529

HP 4420

Hope

STR 473

MAG 822

HP 3375

Sazh

STR 435

MAG 388

HP 4740

Snow

STR 660

MAG 452

HP 5440

Vanille

STR 555

MAG 705

HP 4015

So clearly, Lightning is the best all-rounder, and Fang tops all for Strength. The best magic-user is therefore a toss-up between Hope and Vanille, but on the basis that Vanille's higher STR isn't really important since I mainly want a RAV/MED, Hope is the better choice. His weak HP can be countered by a good Bangle accessory.

Snow is comparable to Fang with a trade-off of STR in return for better HP, which I mentioned earlier. Sazh is just shit, besides his ability to cast Haste. >_>

Paradigm-wise, Hope also has an advantage over Vanille by being a natural SYN, whilst Vanille would only duplicate Fang in being a SAB. One option could be to bring Sazh in as your SYN, but that leaves Lightning as your only good MED...which can be dangerous, particularly if you like using her as your Leader as I do.

What's everyone's primary paradigm list, anyway? Aside from a couple of ultra-difficult occasions where I might want to include more SEN roles, mine has settled down as:

Relentless Assault (RAV/COM/RAV)

Aggression (COM/COM/RAV)

Combat Clinic (MED/SEN/MED)

Bully (COM/SAB/SYN)

Tri-disaster (RAV/RAV/RAV)

Diversity (RAV/COM/MED)

I use Lightning as attacker, Hope and Vanille as magic users, either one or both doubling up as Medics when needed. Stats postgame, with everyone very close to maxxing out their chosen roles and everyone using a fully upgraded teir 2 weapon are:

Lightning

STR 1775

MAG 1521

HP 10275

Hope

STR 1136

MAG 1848

HP 9280

Fang

STR 2042

MAG 1201

HP 13925

Vanille

STR 1302

MAG 1990

HP 11110

Snow

STR 1798

MAG 1066

HP 15910

Sazh

STR 1280

MAG 1348

HP 14790

I use COM/RAV/RAV as default, with

COM/RAV/MED to keep attacking, but using Vanille to heal,

RAV/RAV/RAV, to build stagger gauges,

COM/SYN/MED to buff,

COM/MED/SAB to debuff,

COM/MED/MED which rarely gets used, and is pretty much only there for keeping Lightning going against Adamantoises.

Now I am trying Lightning/Fang/Hope.

....I like the Army of One attack. I noticed it boosts the stagger gauge quickly....like, can get it to almost 999.9% with two uses. Do attacks do more power the higher the stagger?

Now I am trying Lightning/Fang/Hope.

....I like the Army of One attack. I noticed it boosts the stagger gauge quickly....like, can get it to almost 999.9% with two uses. Do attacks do more power the higher the stagger?

The % always indicates a multiplier of your atack. Stagger only alows you to rise it even quicker and take advantage of statuschanges within your oponent and the launch atack.

So, 999,99 Basicly means that you are doing 10 times the damage you would do without the chain bonus.

How did you manage to make it to chapter 13 without noticing that? :mellow:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane