Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so for this whole Treasure Hunter trophy thing. I think I sold all my Ember Rings by accident. Though I heard you could upgrade your elemental charms fully then dismantle them to get the ring. So has anybody managed to find the Fire Charm on Gran Pulse? *looks at Benji*

I'm about where you guys are now, I've had a week of absolute BS going on in my life so I've not had a whole lot of chance to play, I've just beaten the King Behemoth and weird silver imitation version in the north as I'd planned to be my goal for grinding so I've just left the Archlyte Steppe (sp?) and am now continuing the story.

Alright so for this whole Treasure Hunter trophy thing. I think I sold all my Ember Rings by accident. Though I heard you could upgrade your elemental charms fully then dismantle them to get the ring. So has anybody managed to find the Fire Charm on Gran Pulse? *looks at Benji*

Somewhere in the bottom left corner of the map. Though that's not really helpful since I think the map rotates, but if you can find me a picture of the full Gran Pulse map, I'll mark it for you.

I've just arrived at Archtyle Steppe. Gorgeous. blush.gif First thing I did was get into a fight with one of the Dinosaur like things and get killed after 1 hit. So awesome. I really hope it's possible to at least kind of grind on this map. I've seen a lot of enemies, but from what I understand even the smaller things can make you their puppy dog bitch.

Oh? What's that? It's cool Ruki, don't worry about it. I'm just happy to try and help.

...tubby prick. dry.gif

Hey! It didn't help! :angry:

Also, apparently I did 1-5, and like....8 and 9. So I likely skipped 6 and 7. But now I am just wandering and leveling.

Stones 6 and 7 are not actually in the same area that big map up there shows. You gotta follow some of the branching areas. I can't say exactly where on that map, but the ones you need are actually back the way you came, from the base camp area.

Well at least I tried. So is Gran Pulse actually useful for levelling then? I'm there, but I turned it off last night when I got there so I'd have something to look forward too today.

It's challenging at first, but eventually the fights get easier. The easiest fights give off like 800-900 experience. Also! The spooks! Super easy if you can catch them off guard (the target time is like....10 minutes, I did it in 23 seconds) and the experience pay off is great!

Although it gets to be a pain in the ass when the CP cost is like 8000-10000.

How soon did people move away from the initial weapons? Also, what are some of the better weapons going forward? I'm at the start of Chapter 10, if that helps.

I wouldn't really bother except in a few cases. (like, it's pointless equipping Vanille with an attacking weapon... when she pretty much always uses magic.) I think I've got Lightning using Edged Carbine because I tend to use her as a Ravenger a lot, Hope with Hawkeye because again, there's no point in not equipping him with a magic oriented weapon, and Fang with her original weapon.

The only changes I plan on making are upgrading to Lightnings best weapon for both types of attack and probably the Taming Pole for Fang, which has decent stats for both weapons. Then I'll probably just work on upgrading to Ultimate Weapons.

Does anyone know what affects Edoilons gestalt mode super moves thing? I mean, I've used Odin throughout the game and his Zantetsuken has never been anything but level one and yet Hope/Fang etc all have their finisher moves on level 3.

Unrelated but oh wow chocobos fucking rock. Within about five minutes of getting one I had found three gold nuggets. Which I sold for 60k apiece. Which bought me a few ultraparticle things. Which, after using plenty of organic stuff to get a x3 multiplyer, upgraded Lightnings Helter Skelter from lvl 24...to lvl 58. Her strength is 985! I don't even have to pre-empt Behemoth Kings anymore, which is good because it seems like all the enemies are suddenly psychic :shifty:

Three more levels for the Ultimate Weapon :o