Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't surprise me. I love the game, and I haven't beaten it yet, but I do find that half the time I end up reading the datalog to totally understand what the hell just happened.

Chapter 10 Spoilers:

So, Cid... Did anyone else think he was a bit bland?

tongue.gif Like, the character, his voice & l'Cie Monster Design all seemed more like something out of a crappy Capcom game than something I'd expect from S-E.

Doesn't surprise me. I love the game, and I haven't beaten it yet, but I do find that half the time I end up reading the datalog to totally understand what the hell just happened.

Chapter 10 Spoilers:

So, Cid... Did anyone else think he was a bit bland?

tongue.gif Like, the character, his voice & l'Cie Monster Design all seemed more like something out of a crappy Capcom game than something I'd expect from S-E.

I think it would've been fine had he not been called Cid. As far as Cid's go, he was most certainly the blandest. Especially considering he followed this badass mumma:

dr-cid.jpg

What's annoying me the most right now is Weapon Upgrades, or lack thereof. Filling up the Crystarium is easy as pie, but actually scraping together enough components to do much with is a pain. If gil were easier to come by I might go the "buy all the overpriced components" route, but it isn't, so I basically have to make do with drops or chests.

I'm sure this will all get easier once the game 'opens up', but I've only just got to the start of Chapter 8 at the moment. No one else has any magical insights to get some better progress with upgrades, do they?

Use the organic components in large amounts, as they give you exp multipliers. Wait till you have say, a times 3 modifier then drop a few turbojets/crankshafts (since they give the most exp thus far) so you get as much as possible out of it. It was pretty easy going against the psicom fuckers due to the aforementioned incentive chip drops, but on Gran Pulse it is taking forever.