Final Fantasy

thuganomic

Chapter 10 Midway Spoiler:

So I have no idea what people were complaining about the Chapter 10 Boss Fight, Cid was 10,000 times easier than Bathandules. I actually ended up killing him when he was in Guard mode, as he only had like 200 HP left.

tongue.gif

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Final Fantasy fans - Square-Enix is coming out with a new iPhone RPG called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuiXjmhZ4-8, it looks far too good for the iPhone and I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a well produced trailer and it ends up looking worse, but right now it does look awesome.

Also, this reminds me of a strange mash up of Grandia 1/2 & and Breath of Fire 4.

Look out, there is some game inbetwen the cutsceenes!

All in all it´s OK i guess, i did not like a bunch of things about how they aproched telling the story but i´ll keep them to myself. I like the battlesystem but it´s way way waaaay to easy... but i am only a few houres in.

Am i the only one that is actualy far more anoied by Hope than bei Vanilla?

All in all it´s OK i guess, i did not like a bunch of things about how they aproched telling the story but i´ll keep them to myself. I like the battlesystem but it´s way way waaaay to easy... but i am only a few houres in.

Can I get a translation please? :pervert:

Vorsicht, da ist etwas Spiel zwischen der Story!

Alles in allem OK denke ich. Die Art auf die sie die Geschichte zu erzählen versuchen gefällt mir nicht immer, aber ich werde für mich behalten um was genau es geht. Ich mag das Kampfsystem, nur leider ist es viel viel zu leicht... jedoch habe ich erst wenige Stunden gespielt.

Bin ich der einigste den Hope mehr nervt als Vanilla?

• Like 4

Hope is more annoying than Vanille for the most part (in the sense that while she is just weird, he is something of a tool).

However I'm now up to Chapter 5 and he's got better. Lightening is having a good effect on him.

So once you're in Gran Pulse, how long is everybody planning on staying there? I'm thinking I'll run around doing missions and grinding until I have each person reach Level 4 in a role before moving on, but if anybody is past that...will it be enough to continue on in the game?

So I have no idea what people were complaining about the Chapter 10 Boss Fight, Cid was 10,000 times easier than Bathandules. I actually ended up killing him when he was in Guard mode, as he only had like 200 HP left.

tongue.gif

I did that too... though it was probably craploads easier because I had Sazh in my party, doling out buffs whenever I stopped to heal.

<_<

Edited by TenaciousG

Vorsicht, da ist etwas Spiel zwischen der Story!

Alles in allem OK denke ich. Die Art auf die sie die Geschichte zu erzählen versuchen gefällt mir nicht immer, aber ich werde für mich behalten um was genau es geht. Ich mag das Kampfsystem, nur leider ist es viel viel zu leicht... jedoch habe ich erst wenige Stunden gespielt.

Bin ich der einigste den Hope mehr nervt als Vanilla?

Essen mein Scheiße :P

tongue.gif

I did that too... though it was probably craploads easier because I had Sazh in my party, doling out buffs whenever I stopped to heal.

<_<

I didn't even bother with buffs, I just dolled out with Relentless Assault when he was in Guard to boost Chain Gauge and Delta Attack w/Sentinel when he attacked. I think he only ever did any serious damage to any of my party once the whole battle. I killed him after only 1 stagger as well... which was spent using Aggression to keep him floating up high above the map. tongue.gif

Hope is great, I initially had my concerns about him since he's basically a more annoying Vaan to start, but he develops quite well and barring Lightning he has some of the best interactions with the rest of the cast, he's still a big cliché, but he's a cliché of a character done right.

The chapter 9 boss just reminds me how much I really dislike the score system for battles.

Okay, so I have Lightning, Sazh and Vanille. Lightning is my main attacker, her strength and magic are higher than anyone else so far. Vanille is Ravager, switching to Medic when needed, and Sazh is Ravager, switching to Synergist when we get a chance. I had no problem with the boss, I beat him first try and he didn't cast Doom on me, which apparently he does sometimes. Took down all his armour easily enough, then just kept switching between Relentless Assault and Diversity when I needed healing. I thought I was doing well since I staggered him a few times, never had anyone go into the red, let alone die, and we won the fight, but victory screen gives me one star because I took ten minutes.

I know it's based mostly on how quickly you win, but it used to be when you fought a big massive boss, and even when you only just scraped through, you felt fuck yeah awesome I totally rule. Now you're thinking oh how lame, the game said I suck, which is just disappointing.

And yeah, fuck all the enemies in that chapter. So many! But the rewards were worth it, I ended up clearing one room and taking something like 56k worth of loot. I have Lightning's Gladius at level 26 now!

The chapter 9 boss just reminds me how much I really dislike the score system for battles.

Okay, so I have Lightning, Sazh and Vanille. Lightning is my main attacker, her strength and magic are higher than anyone else so far. Vanille is Ravager, switching to Medic when needed, and Sazh is Ravager, switching to Synergist when we get a chance. I had no problem with the boss, I beat him first try and he didn't cast Doom on me, which apparently he does sometimes. Took down all his armour easily enough, then just kept switching between Relentless Assault and Diversity when I needed healing. I thought I was doing well since I staggered him a few times, never had anyone go into the red, let alone die, and we won the fight, but victory screen gives me one star because I took ten minutes.

I know it's based mostly on how quickly you win, but it used to be when you fought a big massive boss, and even when you only just scraped through, you felt fuck yeah awesome I totally rule. Now you're thinking oh how lame, the game said I suck, which is just disappointing.

And yeah, fuck all the enemies in that chapter. So many! But the rewards were worth it, I ended up clearing one room and taking something like 56k worth of loot. I have Lightning's Gladius at level 26 now!

My thoughts exactly! Sadly, did not get that much loot. But I did manage to evolve a Power Wrist * into a Brawler Wrist level 4.

When you level some stuff up, weapons or accessories, they have a limit. It seems to be different for each, but say it was level ten. When you get to that level, it gets a star instead of a number, and you can't level it up anymore, but if you have one of the weird crystals that can't be used to upgrade normally, it'll evolve into a different weapon. It has less stats obviously since it's level one again, but it's level ten will be a lot higher than the first, and usually it'll have an added bonus.

I don't know if only certain crystals are needed on certain weapons though.