Final Fantasy

thuganomic

Ruki, I have to think you're doing something very wrong if your guns are Lvl. 26 and only at 200+ Magic.

I'm at 300+ Magic and none of my current weapons are above Lvl. 12. And I'm pretty sure I'm either a tiny bit behind you or at the exact same point as you. >_>

....wait....at least I think that was right.....

*checks*

Sazh is at 379 Magic. The guns (Deneb Duellers) give 108 Str, and 249 magic. And apparently Lightning and Fang have the exact same Str at 286.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Disc 3.

Chapter 9 boss is fairly badass, although I didn't really have any discernible trouble with it. I sacrificed going for the speedy victory by keeping a medic at all time (either Vanille as medic and Lightning/Sazh as Commando/Ravager and then occasionally switching to Lightning as medic with Sazh/Vanille as Synergist/Saboteur), and though it was another long fight (clocking in at 7 minutes), it didn't really prove a bother.

I love this game. However, I will say that although the linearity doesn't really bother me, I can't see this having as much replay value as previous games. I mean, I know I'm told it opens up (I assume it's about to on my end), but the fact it takes 25+ hours to do so means it'd be quite the grind to go through it again.

Chapter 8 Spoilers, need help:

Is there legitimately any chance of defeating Sazh's Eidolon when he has no other magic than fire? I mean, seemingly I've either not had enough battles, which is strange since I've been doing enough of them, or I've pumped my CP into completely the wrong thing, but I'm nowhere near getting anything better magic wise, and his Eidolon absorbs fire. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chapter 9 boss is fairly badass, although I didn't really have any discernible trouble with it. I sacrificed going for the speedy victory by keeping a medic at all time (either Vanille as medic and Lightning/Sazh as Commando/Ravager and then occasionally switching to Lightning as medic with Sazh/Vanille as Synergist/Saboteur), and though it was another long fight (clocking in at 7 minutes), it didn't really prove a bother.

I love this game. However, I will say that although the linearity doesn't really bother me, I can't see this having as much replay value as previous games. I mean, I know I'm told it opens up (I assume it's about to on my end), but the fact it takes 25+ hours to do so means it'd be quite the grind to go through it again.

But you love FFXII, and that game's essentially all grinding! :pervert:

Is there legitimately any chance of defeating Sazh's Eidolon when he has no other magic than fire? I mean, seemingly I've either not had enough battles, which is strange since I've been doing enough of them, or I've pumped my CP into completely the wrong thing, but I'm nowhere near getting anything better magic wise, and his Eidolon absorbs fire. Any help would be much appreciated.

You don't necessarily need to use magic against the Brynhildr, or the Eidolons in general.

With Sazh, you can gain a lot of points on the Gestalt bar by using Commando and Synergist. If you can't beat it still, see if there's any point you can get back to where you're able to fight a few more enemies and get more CP.

I'm only on Chapter 3. :( Saturday's going to be a Final Fantasy blitz day!

Going back to FFX when you have brand new XIII would be madness!

What? :shifty:

The reference occured to me. I was curious to see if someone was sad enough to make it...and lo. :shifty:

This is true. XII was an awful grind, it took something stupid like 200 hours just to get to the high 90s, but there was still enough freedom in that game to cover up the fact that it was just grinding. The reason I say there's no replay value in XIII is because though I've loved every moment of them, I wouldn't want to redo these last 26 hours.

This is true. XII was an awful grind, it took something stupid like 200 hours just to get to the high 90s, but there was still enough freedom in that game to cover up the fact that it was just grinding. The reason I say there's no replay value in XIII is because though I've loved every moment of them, I wouldn't want to redo these last 26 hours.

I assume that's why you're allowed to go back after you finish the game to complete missions on Gran Pulse.

You don't necessarily need to use magic against the Brynhildr, or the Eidolons in general.

With Sazh, you can gain a lot of points on the Gestalt bar by using Commando and Synergist. If you can't beat it still, see if there's any point you can get back to where you're able to fight a few more enemies and get more CP.

I was one move off of getting 'Thunder', so I went back and got it. Beat the eidolon two goes later.

Working my way through Chapter 10, taking a break before I reach Cid.

Fuck the Berserkers. I'm starting to wonder If I should have been grinding somewhere along the line (despite the lack of decent places to do it), because the game is getting a lot tougher. I now also learn that Gran Pulse is apparently no good for actual levelling, only for boosting your characters after the game? What the hell? sad.gif I was hoping I'd be able to get some levelling done there.

Also now the proud owner of the Sazh Theme. biggrin.gif

Grinding? I'm where you are, I never left and reentered a room or anything to fight extra guys, and I've always been right at the end of the crystarium every time it's expanded. Usually I've even had leftover points for Snow.

I'm mostly there, but Fang's saboteur class is still halfway through Lvl. 2 and I've missed a fair few nodes on the other's classes.

You should be maxing out a character's main two classes, you'll go crazy trying to get all three. You CAN grind on Pulse, it's just going to take you awhile.

Oh, do I need to be able to get online to get the themes? I want my Sazh theme, dammit.

Nope, it'll appear on the main menu of the game in a new option called Extras. You need to use Libra/Librascope on 100 enemies to unlock it.

And so, I'm progressing okay then? I think I've got both Hope & Lightning's three classes, but Fang is falling behind. I've also unlocked the each class for everyone, but fuck the like 30,000 CP it costs to upgrade each node. hmm.gif

Did my first tiny bit of grinding in Chapter 7 and not even for the CP. The bit in

Snows house

where the soliders come in through the windows in squads of three. I found them really easy to beat and get five stars on, plus the area repopulates if you run round the loop which takes about 5 seconds. Considering you pick up a 2,500 gil incentive chip around every 3-5 fights it worked really well for keeping weapons levelled up.

Only thing I've had trouble with so far is the Chapter 6 bosses Envil and Evnill or whatever they were called. And that was just because I had my paradigms all wrong. It's really frustrating and at the same time funny finding a boss really challenging, then realising what paradigms you need and when to use them, before blitzing the shit out of it.