Final Fantasy

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, hugobomb said:

I went to stay at the 2x hotel, until I saw the price, 10k is fucking silly money when there's that 1.5x one for 300gil.

Love this game so far, 12 hours in and still in chapter 3, the sidequests and hunts are far too distracting. That and, after suffering through 13 and it's bullshit limits to levelling up, the freedom to mooch around for a few hours/days then start casually slaughtering anything on the main quest is joyous.

Yup, this is where I am at. I think the main story quest is level 8-12 or something? I'm level 27. I should do some story missions......but the hunts are so fun.

I think that's basically where I am too. There is something innate within me that makes it impossible to do the story until the side quests for the area are finished. For Chapter 2-3 it was fine because it was clear where the line was.. I could GET a new quest however the quest location would be blockaded so I carried on. Now I am running ALL over the place but that's fine by me - if I need to take a long car ride I don't fast travel - I listen to the converation, play the music from the different games I bought (a GREAT touch) and play Pokemon while listening for any photo ops or special events.

24 minutes ago, apsham said:

I think that's basically where I am too. There is something innate within me that makes it impossible to do the story until the side quests for the area are finished. For Chapter 2-3 it was fine because it was clear where the line was.. I could GET a new quest however the quest location would be blockaded so I carried on. Now I am running ALL over the place but that's fine by me - if I need to take a long car ride I don't fast travel - I listen to the converation, play the music from the different games I bought (a GREAT touch) and play Pokemon while listening for any photo ops or special events.

Yeah, having old FF songs be the radio was so fantastic.

I know I was hesitant about this game months/a year ago.....but they did something really good here. 

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Anyone know where I can do chocobo races? I've unlocked riding chocobos....now I just want to race and get Boko stronger.

Is this instead of having to rent them? Pretty sure the racing opens up after a while if you just keep doing all the Chocobo related quests anyway.

It's south on the other side of the road to the Chocobo farm place. As in directly across the road like 3 seconds away. I don't think I've been there, but it's on my map.

I've had a few odd things happen to me. Noctis asked for the roof of the car to be put up when it's already up, a cut scene where his voice never played (I presume it was meant to because there were subtitles and the other voice actor answered as if I'd spoken), I also have a quest (it's in Hammerhead at the petrol pumps) that when I go into leads to a black screen with music still playing (if I pressed Start pause still came up on screen so it wasn't a hard crash). I pressed triangle to try and skip out and that didn't work. Fortunately it had autosaved like 20 seconds before.

Edit. Also why can Ignis not cook without camping, it is a really odd design decision. I'm not going to camp when I get an EXP boost for sleeping in a motel, but I want him to level up his cooking score. I wish you could buy nicer camping gear that boosted EXP or something. I'm going to try and start camping before fights.

11 hours ago, apsham said:

Oh and Prompto singing the battle ending music at the end of some fights is awesome. Just saying.

Prompto is awesome full stop. It's probably because I like photography as well but he's my favourite of the four main characters thus far.

I fully agree that the music in the car is a great touch. I mostly pay the 10gil as fast travel when I have the option but when I do need to drive to a quest/hunt it's not a chore thanks to the music.

Level wise, the main question is suggesting level 19 and I am currently level 37. Whoever posted that rare coin tip has my thanks, nothing like have a bunch of imperial mooks dropped on me so I can cast 1 spell, then mop up the survivors with melee attacks (Prompto's gravity attack is great for bunching them up for the slaughter ) and getting 2-3k experience,  repeat two more times then book into the 1.5x bonus hotel to call it day.

42 minutes ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Stop making me feel these feelings :crying:

Also, laptop can run FF X/X-2 but that download size though. I need to find someone with the spare bandwith because I WANT IT :w00t:

Steal it from Starbucks or the Library! 

• Like 2