Final Fantasy

thuganomic

Well, the only FF game I've played since VII turned the series on its head that felt like a FF game was IX, so I don't really have any preconceived notions of what the franchise "should" be anymore.

Now for the big question: 360 or PS3?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 if you're planning on downloading a lot of games from the PlayStation Network. 360 if you just get the games in-store and leave the downloading to people with bigger hard drives. Also 360 if you have both systems, but that's just because I'm more comfortable with the 360 control scheme for FFXIII.

That was a weird answer since FF13 doesn't have DLC as far as I know? I think he has both consoles. The only difference is that the games probably better graphically on the PS3, and since it's a pretty game that's the way I'd go unless he's really into changing discs.

Guest skipschool

After completing GTA4, Black Ops and Mortal Kombat recently, I decided to do FF13, as I never finished it on my old xbox... I forgot how freakin' tedious it is to start >.<

I feel like I've played for about 3 months and I'm only just getting to the first boss.

That was a weird answer since FF13 doesn't have DLC as far as I know? I think he has both consoles. The only difference is that the games probably better graphically on the PS3, and since it's a pretty game that's the way I'd go unless he's really into changing discs.

The games he was referring to were FFVII, VIII, and IX; all of them are available to download on the Playstation Network.

At least I assume that they're what he meant.

Edited by TenaciousG

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 gameplay footage out.

I wish I cared. I really do. But after XIII, I just have no interest in this series any more. Forget Tomb Raider, Enix needs to take a look at their big franchise and do something with it.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 gameplay footage out.

I wish I cared. I really do. But after XIII, I just have no interest in this series any more. Forget Tomb Raider, Enix needs to take a look at their big franchise and do something with it.

Same here. It's going to take more than a thousand pretentious Latin subtitles to get me excited about the series again.

It's just insane to me that a series that always looked amazing but had never forgotten about the gameplay before, completely ignored it this time around. Especially when Mass Effect and Dragon Age and Oblivion and so on are on the market now and are doing the graphics, storyline, gameplay and side quests a lot better than they are. It's not the 90's any more where the only option for RPG was Final Fantasy.

Ugh, so fucking over FFXIII. It's taken me just over a year to even get to...

Gran Pulse, and now that I'm there and I can kind of sense the looming freedom, I just don't want to play. Who's fucking idea was it for 20+ hours of tutorial?!

I really want to like this game, but I'll be damned if it isn't doing its hardest to change that.

Gran Pulse, for me, ended up not even worth being slightly more free because most of the enemies are unkillable until you come back after you beat the game. The amount of stuff there is to do there is cool compared to the rest of the game, but it's like if the Calm Lands were inhabited by nothing but bosses, mini-bosses and multiple dark aeons.

And if I was having trouble with it, I hate to think how any casual gamers felt by this point in the game, if they made it that far at all.

Thanks to an emulator, I'm now playing FFIX for the first time (Well, at least properly. I had the game for a day or two once, but only got to the end of the Petrified Forest). Really enjoying it, but I find the battle system a bit weird. I mean, everybody seems a bit useless. Garnet's the worst of all, but with Zidane all I seem to be doing is attacking, and my MP runs out very quickly with the others.

Maybe I'm missing something?