2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Olympics in the books and the problem is all the more clear for Canada, although I worry that the cries of concern are falling on deaf ears on 24 Sussex Dr. 12 medals is the third consecutive drop off from the previous Summer Olympic totals. It is also the worst showing since 1988 in Seoul (11). If the answer isn't more funding, then what is it? Perhaps better training, but we already put significant emphasis on swimming, and we were held off the podium entirely. The COC is trying to make clear the problem to Ottawa, and hopefully a late-2004 visit from Jacques Rogue will wake these idiots up and help to start us on a track to a good performance by the time the games come to Vancouver in 2010.

I still wish Toronto had the 2008 Olympics, we were so close. Great closing ceremony, say what you want to say about our Canadian Athletes...there were some great moments(Shewfelt, Meunzer..) and some sadness(110 m Hurdle), all in all it was a great ride....this was the Olympics in which I spent most of my time on TV. Not the greatest, but great Nonetheless.

Here we come Beijing!! :)

• Lineker changed the title to 2004 Olympics
  • Lineker locked and locked this topic