The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, I created a new sim to sample it and get used to it all again since I've played it before - but only very briefly (like one or two real life days).

Lillith Pleasant is still a teenager, but has a child - so probably won't go.

Dirk Dreamer

Lucy Burb

Taro Sian Harvey

Alexander Goth

Beau Broke

Off the top of my head, there may be more but I can't think of them right now.

Loving my next generation at the moment even if it is a sausage fest, the trio consisting of Cornell Pleasant (son of Dustin Broke and Mary-Sue Pleasant) as the shy musician, Edward Goth (son of Cassandra Goth and Don Lethario) as a studious ladies man and Malcolm Landgraab (son of his namesake and Dina Caliente) as the cocky dick who only really cares about himself and his two best friends are particular favourites.

Edited by ___

Installed Free Time last night and played it for about 3 hours, and all I've got to say is I'm going to be doing a massive search for a phone ringing hack. Its irritating as hell when you get a phone call EVERY time you advance a sim's interest in a hobby or a skill tied to a hobby. Especially in a house with 4 occupants!

Whats the best way to send sims I am playing to university? Baring in mind they all have different ideas of uni and aren't all necessarily friends.

Like Alex Goth is essentially the future leader of Pleasantview, so I don't really want him in dorms. His promiscious girlfriend Taro will probably suit the dorms better because she'll be wanting all the lads.

Dirk, Lucy and Beau I'm not really fussed about.

Do I send them individually, all together? Baring in mind I have a created sim Yannis Lyndhurst (oh yes) at Uni already in the 14 room dorm. So will that effect it if I try to send other sims?

I only have Sim State on, but if it's worth it I could put the other lots in.

So what do I do and what's easiest and why etc.?

Whats the best way to send sims I am playing to university? Baring in mind they all have different ideas of uni and aren't all necessarily friends.

Like Alex Goth is essentially the future leader of Pleasantview, so I don't really want him in dorms. His promiscious girlfriend Taro will probably suit the dorms better because she'll be wanting all the lads.

Dirk, Lucy and Beau I'm not really fussed about.

Do I send them individually, all together? Baring in mind I have a created sim Yannis Lyndhurst (oh yes) at Uni already in the 14 room dorm. So will that effect it if I try to send other sims?

I only have Sim State on, but if it's worth it I could put the other lots in.

So what do I do and what's easiest and why etc.?

Cool, and combining Dirk, Lucy and Beau won't make them friends or anything? Just simply make them all playable in the same dorm?

It's just if I'm to stick 3 or 4 people in one dorm, I think I only have 8 dorm things left. They'd be better in the 14 dorm one, but that would mean taking control of Yannis again, so I may just stick them in an 8 dorm one. Or even send them to different universities, we'll see.

What's the best way to play. Just 5 days (a season) at a time, even if the seasons aren't corresponding to the ones back home (we can easily play that off as there in a different climate area ¬_¬)

Cool, and combining Dirk, Lucy and Beau won't make them friends or anything? Just simply make them all playable in the same dorm?

It's just if I'm to stick 3 or 4 people in one dorm, I think I only have 8 dorm things left. They'd be better in the 14 dorm one, but that would mean taking control of Yannis again, so I may just stick them in an 8 dorm one. Or even send them to different universities, we'll see.

What's the best way to play. Just 5 days (a season) at a time, even if the seasons aren't corresponding to the ones back home (we can easily play that off as there in a different climate area ¬_¬)

I already play a season per household, as it stops boredom for me. But say I play a season at uni and a season at the home, when they return it won't be too out of sync or anything with their home life - should they return?

Or is it better to play maybe 2 seasons at uni to keep it all in check or whatever?

If no one really knows I'll probably just stick to one season at a time, at the end of the day, it's a game so it's not all about realism. But it'll be weird when someone goes to college, comes back and their little brother may be older than them coz they didn't go to college ¬_¬

Hmm, after a bit of a play around I don't think I want to send all my controlled sims together, sheerly because I want them all to get pretty much to their last day of teenage life and then go if they choose to. So I'm going to send Dirk with one of his (and his main) love interest Brooke Shankel. Others may just get sent on their own or whatever, I dunno, but I don't like the idea of playing multiple households at once.

They may just get added to the dorm as we go a long if I want, but I don't wanna play loads of houses to get teenagers to like a day or two within (skill building mainly and other interactions) and then send them all together.

I'll just see how it goes and it'll probably all work out as I go along.

Good. Season's is a must have game in my eyes, look forward to making snowmen as a family. :)

I'm back into the next spin. Dirk and Brooke are off ready for college, meanwhile Chloe Dreamer grew up into a toddler. Unfortunately Darren is set to become an Elder (and I'm considering having an old persons home so I may move him out) which would leave Lillith on her own who is a few days away from adulthood. She won't be going to university. After Darren moves out I'll probably have Lillith find a new romantic interest. Who hopefully isn't ugly - oh what am I saying, they're all hideous.

If you get or already have Free Time, do yourself a HUGE favor and download and install a phone hack that stops hobby spam. Otherwise, you'll go nuts; just about every time you raise a hobby related skill's level or your sims' enthusiam for a hobby, the phone rings with a message regarding a hobby club. I've got one house with 4 sims in it, and I was sorely tempted to remove the phone from the house!

I got the hack from the More Awesome Than You forum, but I don't remember who created it.

If you get or already have Free Time, do yourself a HUGE favor and download and install a phone hack that stops hobby spam. Otherwise, you'll go nuts; just about every time you raise a hobby related skill's level or your sims' enthusiam for a hobby, the phone rings with a message regarding a hobby club. I've got one house with 4 sims in it, and I was sorely tempted to remove the phone from the house!

I got the hack from the More Awesome Than You forum, but I don't remember who created it.

So the Dreamer household is chocked full of birthdays. Darren grew into an elder on the penultimate day, decked out in a nice tracksuit while looking ridiculous with his grey hair and beard and his green shades. Still, I have an elder, and that's nice to see I'm sticking at it.

The next day Chloe grew into a child, and Lillith chugged into adulthood with an F report card and weeping that she didn't go to University - can't say I like that memory since it was bad enough when she had a 3-time crying jag for getting a D report card (as in, cried, cried, cried and then finally went for a fucking shower like I told her too), and she grows up with a horrible nose - which I was expecting from Angela and ears that make her look like some pixie or elf. And that brought us into Summer. Dirk and Brooke are waiting to go to University, and that household went from fucked up in a mental way to fucked up in a everyone unhappy, bottles and dirt everywhere and no one doing anything about it. So we've gone from a house where the dad started shagging his son's girlfriend and they had a child together (Max, Bradley and Stacy from EastEnder's eat your hearts out) to what was an emotionally depressed family. Bloody baby and toddler stage. Well pissing off.

Well, let's see how Dirk and Brooke manage in University.

EDIT: ... I don't appear to have thought this university thing through. It seems like it's going to be a right pain to figure out what the best way to work it is. >_<

Edited by IAceI