Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

Sky Sports News are reporting that Luton are on the verge of going into administration, a move that would leave them 3 points adrift at the bottom of League 1.

Annnnd confirmed.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Styles is the worst referee in English football.

Forget the penalty - he disallowed a goal because Disley did something (don't know what), he sent off Walker and a Swindon player for a tumble he didn't even see (and failed to ask his assistants, who did) and then sent Steve Elliott off for something (can only imagine Elliott told him to fuck off) and another Swindon player for a weak tackle (I'll be honest - yellow card at most).

The game was going smoothly - normal West Country derby. Then Rob Styles wanted to be the center of attention, and ruined it.

Rob Styles is shit.

Oh, and Swindon Town has a shit stadium. And shit police. And the people are all shit and inbred immature fucks.

And whoever the racists were standing next to me in the Rovers end - you are a disgrace to football. Fuck off.

Same goes to the father in front of me with his two daughters and son happily encouraging his daughter to tell the Swindon fans to "Fuck off shitheads".

Makes you happy for the future, really.

And we might not even get our stadium, if what my local paper is saying becomes true.

And yet, I still love them.

What a life a Gashead lives :D

Let's see, that's four wins on the trot including today's, I think, to keep us firmly ensconced in the automatic promotion spots. Today's one, I only saw the Zhi goal but that was a beauty - Thomas messes up his first touch but somehow that confuses his marker, so Thomas keeps the ball, puts it into the box, Zhi picks up on it, left foot, pow. Preston's goalie had no fucking chance.

It is a good time to be a Charlton fan.

Let's see, that's four wins on the trot including today's, I think, to keep us firmly ensconced in the automatic promotion spots. Today's one, I only saw the Zhi goal but that was a beauty - Thomas messes up his first touch but somehow that confuses his marker, so Thomas keeps the ball, puts it into the box, Zhi picks up on it, left foot, pow. Preston's goalie had no fucking chance.

It is a good time to be a Charlton fan.

Living in Brentford, I used to be able to direct people to my house based on it's position in relation to Griffin Park. Now the club's an utter joke looks like I'll be reverting back to the only other landmark this fine town boasts: McDonalds.

Terry Butcher's fondness for popping up in every single publication on the planet as "an England expert" is even more of a joke than it was before.

I remain positive however.

Brentford were on a slippery slope last year when relegation was from League One was possible but certainly avoidable. The club is now nearly at the bottom of said slope. Blue Square here we come! I think the theory is they'll keep dropping divisions until they can win a game, then Terry Butcher can finally claim to know what he's doing. For a supposed defensive expert, he sure doesn't know how to organise a back four.

Glad we could help Luton. Incidentally Luton are probably the 10th team to beat us at home this year.

• 2 weeks later...

And Butcher is gone at long last. Take one manager with a proven track record to fail, put him in a job where his resources are even more limited and the job further beyond his grip, and watch the team fall.

Martin Allen returning would certainly do the trick, he went to three home games but still I can't see it happening. Brentford also just got permission to move to a new 20,000 stadium. That'll look good in the Blue Square.

• 2 weeks later...

11-man Bristol Rovers - at home - couldn't beat an 8-man Luton Town.

Jesus christ we are doing shit :crying:

Edited by 'Wildcat' BSIG

We're up to 4th now! Two months ago everyone (including me) was calling for O'Driscoll's head, but he's turned things around and we're on a good run.

The next few games are make or break-Walsall, Carlisle, Swansea and Leeds all in the next month. Tough, tough games. If we can get at least 8 or 9 points out of those, its job well-done.