Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Admin

What an epic day of football.

West Ham pulling off another unlikely win v Man Utd, Spurs winning 6-4 (I can't believe I didn't go.. on the basis we're playing them again on Jan 5th >_<), Chelsea controversially winning against Newcastle, & Villa + Sunderland's comebacks!

And in the FL too, Watford slipping up again and WBA thrashing Scunthorpe, and Southampton & Charlton coming back.

Oh, and we have 2 awesome games in Everton/Arsenal & Coventry/Ipswich still to come.

I :wub: football.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played West Ham, better team and deserved to win. They stuck to their guns for the whole match and got their reward in the form of two goals. Dominated the centre of the park against a lacklustre Hargreaves and an appalling Fletcher. Hargreaves had flashes of good play but Fletcher was pretty poor in my eyes.

I still maintain that Brown is awful, a view shared by no one else I know. O'Shea got a great round of applause when he came on to turn around the match.

Giggs was poor, Nani should have replaced him at about 50-55 minutes if you ask me. 10 minutes at the end isn't enough for him.

Saha was on and off for me. He started okay, fizzled out for a long time but when they went 2-1 down started to come to life. But him and Tevez just weren't attacking like they played for a world class team.

All in all, West Ham fully deserved their 3 points today (Y)

EDIT: Um, Sunderland's comebacks? We were 2-0 up..

Edited by IAceI

Well, Utd were 1-0 up at HT, and didn't deserve to be. I said we needed a 2nd and then could probably kill the game off ...shit pen from Ronny, and the rest is history.

Agree with IAceI though, West Ham were the (much) better side. Utd rarely threatened Green's goal all day, whereas Utd's defence looked shaky throughout.

1849: SENDING OFF

Nicklas Bendtner is sent off for his second yellow card and the young Dane can have few complaints. It is a shocking, knee-high lunge at Andrew Johnson and means Arsenal have about 15 minutes to hang on with 10 men.

1854: Ridiculous news from the touchline. Arsenal were waiting for about three minutes to take Nicklas Bendtner off, but the fourth official's microphone to the referee did not work. Wenger must be fuming.

Oh that is cruel.